DJI Gimbal deadband

Hi

I have a home built 2 axis camera gimbal using a HS5925 servo through a 2:1 belt drive for the pitch axis and an external 10K pot giving 100 deg. rotation. But there seems to be a deadband in the output from the DJI which means you can tilt the airframe a few degrees before the gimbal responds resulting in a step in the video when you change tilt direction.

Does anybody have a idea for a fix ? Or am I screwed.

Bowley

I dont have this problem to any perceivable extent. I have been having problems etting my XA gimbal to give smooth results with the Naza though. I upgraded the roll servo which was the one giving me problems, to a Savox 1258TG this improved things greatly but still could not anything acceptable. I have changed tack on my approach and went for motion damping instead of stabilization that I could not quite achieve. results have taken a leap forward so far with very low gimbal roll gain setting on the Naza.
Sorry cant be of much help to you Charlie, but just thought I would share my experiences with Naza an gimbal.

Bowley

Well what I mean by motion damping is to just take the severity out of any undesired movements. total stabilization for me results in jittery results. I think it would be fine if there were no wind but there seldom is where I live