Howdy all, new to the forum and flyers.

EBen63060

Been toying around with buying a multi rotor for awhile now. I live in a very scenic area and have 5 acres to scatter parts in!! lol

I have a MQX and a freshly fried Draganflyer IV. I've been waiting for new motors for the D.F. for almost two weeks. I got bored last night and smoked a mosfet trying to do a current check on the motor outputs(If anyone has some old boards, I'd be willing to buy them.). Ignorance is not always bliss and in case anyone was wondering, those little suckers can fill a living room with smoke!!!
My main goal is to eventually build my own bird for photography and fun. I have had the MQX for a few weeks and am completely hooked. Any pointers on getting better control of this would be greatly appreciated. I am flying it with a Spektrum DX7 and have not done any tweaking yet. Thanks for putting up with me and I hope I haven't rambled too badly.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up EBen.. Welcome to MRF and telling us something about yourself. Its always nice to know some back ground to new members.. You have taken the first step.. not rambling at all. This is a great place to find out info.. Please feel free to post any questions you have and keep us informed on your progress..

Dave

EBen63060

Thanks for the welcome Dave.
I am really good at talking, but not too good about talking about myself. I am an electrician at a local sawmill here in East Lewis County, Wa. I enjoy my work and like my job....most of the time. I was an Army brat, born in Maryland, moved to Texas when I was about 6. Spent most of 1974 & 75 in Esfahan, Iran. From there, back to Texas, then Alabama. Joined the Navy and wound up in the Philadelphia area. Then in 93 I decided to go west. Spent almost5 4 years in Montana then wound up here in Washington.
I will be taking advantage of as much knowledge as I can here and I appreciate your offer. I think I am going to give up on the Draganflyer IV unless I can find a replacement transistor for the one I fried.
I am looking at a Walkera MX-400 as a replacement. I can get it for about 400.00 US and I recently purchased a Spektrum DX7. I would like your input on both of theses. The hobby shop I bought the DX7 from, honestly did not know that it was discontinued. I think this would be a good one for me until I graduate to bigger and better machines.
Thanks again, Earl