Hoverfly Praise for Hoverfly...

Just a quick word of praise for Hoverfly. I'm in the middle of building a Cinestar 8 with the Hoverfly Pro board, and the customer support from Hoverfly has been spectacular.

I wanted to set my CS8 up in "+" configuration. I asked for this addition (along with a couple of other people I assume), and they're adding it to the firmware that is being released this week. They've been quick to answer the phone, very friendly, and very helpful. Glad I went with Hoverfly.

I'll let you guys know how it she flies...
Benjamin Rowland

hoverben

Person of Interest
Thanks for the kind words, Ben. While I would love to say that we were that quick to turn around the new Octo+ code, the popularity of the Cinestar 8 has made this an almost necessary update. It is easily among the top 5 most common requests from customers right now, so we are more than happy to get it implemented.

Macsgrafs

Its good to see compliments about a manufacturer instead of complaints...that goes for ALL manufacturers!

Ross

DennyR

Thanks for the kind words, Ben. While I would love to say that we were that quick to turn around the new Octo+ code, the popularity of the Cinestar 8 has made this an almost necessary update. It is easily among the top 5 most common requests from customers right now, so we are more than happy to get it implemented.

Ben
You must be just up the road from Bobby Violet. Have you got that gimbal IMU finished yet?

TCGliderguy

Hey Benjamin Rowland....

I'm just back from NAB.... met Tabb Firchau, Jeff Scholl, and Kimberley Attwell in person, and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the same Cinestar 8 / HoverFly set-up that you are putting together. How is it going ? Tabb is coming out with his own flight control board, and camera gimbal stablizer, but it's going to be a couple of months, so I am thinking that I'll get the Hover Fly boards in the meantime....

I'd really like to know how you are progressing!

-Taylor

Taylor,

It is flying smooth. My camera op and I are fine tuning it now, but we got some very smooth footage on the first test day. We've only had two days of testing and tweaking so far, but I'm already glad I went with the Hoverfly board. I went ahead and pre-ordered the Hoverfly gimbal board as we are adding the 3 axis option to the gimbal at the end of the month.

My camera op has full control of the gimbal. The roll axis works well. The tilt axis is getting there.

Best of luck,
Benjamin Rowland

TCGliderguy

Benjamin,

That's great! I'm glad to hear that things are working out as planned...

I'll be placing an order with Quadrocopter and HoverFly this next week!

-Taylor

Taylor,

It is flying smooth. My camera op and I are fine tuning it now, but we got some very smooth footage on the first test day. We've only had two days of testing and tweaking so far, but I'm already glad I went with the Hoverfly board. I went ahead and pre-ordered the Hoverfly gimbal board as we are adding the 3 axis option to the gimbal at the end of the month.

My camera op has full control of the gimbal. The roll axis works well. The tilt axis is getting there.

Best of luck,
Benjamin Rowland

I find this interesting as I, too, had good luck with assistance via support ticket and a phone call or two.

However, I've attempted to contact Hoverfly for a couple of weeks now to return my HoverflyGimbal (since it just won't work and I've gone another route) and cannot get them to call or email me back after they've already successfully received the unit. I've left several voicemails with no response. I've also responded to an existing/ongoing ticket to let Ben Halsted to let him know that I'd simply like a refund but he won't respond.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Not sure when this has happened, but we (Hoverfly) is mostly closed for the Holiday. The slow response is likely related to that. I'll ping him for you.

I find this interesting as I, too, had good luck with assistance via support ticket and a phone call or two.

However, I've attempted to contact Hoverfly for a couple of weeks now to return my HoverflyGimbal (since it just won't work and I've gone another route) and cannot get them to call or email me back after they've already successfully received the unit. I've left several voicemails with no response. I've also responded to an existing/ongoing ticket to let Ben Halsted to let him know that I'd simply like a refund but he won't respond.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
If you can give me your ticket number it will help too.

They're good guys and take good care of their customers in my experience. I recently did a year end review of our Cinestar / Hoverfly combo - it goes into a little more detail about why we chose Hoverfly for our flight controller. The Hoverfly Pro has been very reliable and smooth for us.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yes, my HFP has been the only board I have had that doesnt freak me out when flying. it has a perfect track record so far. let's hope it stays that way.