best high power connectors

I am using deans plugs, but they get pretty hot and I have one come unsoldered during flight.

What is the best connector to use? Obviously with a crimp connection and a lot of contact area.

Thanks

Graham

plingboot

another vote for XT60's here - much less faff to work with - but best value is to order in bulk from HK.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
What is high power?

There are lots of good GENUINE systems out there but with out the predicted amps draw its hard to advise anything.

Personally I use Traxxis but the Eflight EC5's would be a good choice for high amps

Stacky

What sort of current are you drawing?

I have found that it all depends on what deans connectors you are using. I bought some cheap ones from a local electronics outlet and they got hot but a set I have from HK of all places dont heat up at all and are having to deal with 30-60 amp current draw.

I am using deans plugs, but they get pretty hot and I have one come unsoldered during flight.

What is the best connector to use? Obviously with a crimp connection and a lot of contact area.

Thanks

Graham

Stacky

I have been test flying my big X8 and am often just running just one battery. At this point I have Deans connectors on and to hiver my X8 draws 60amps. The HK deans are not getting hot after a 5 minute hover. When I run 2 batteries that current draw gets split. However Im still trying to work out what I should do here and may change depending on how the testing process works out. If you go with another type of connector you might be best served making sure you use a genuine connector and not a copy.