DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Roberts is there going to be some more info on the S800 and gimbal and real pics of how it looks and not just renders ?

Thanks

Boris

YES, I would hope so. :)

As soon as I get it I will post it.

I understand the frustration, trust me I know.

This is going to be interesting to watch as it unfolds. I can't wait till these products are in the hands of real users and we see some real tests coming in. I don't trust tests from the manufacturers much.

Anyone else remember when the Wookong first came out and had the introductory "discount price" of $1300 that was supposed to go up after full product launch? It quickly became $1099 when they realized people didn't want to pay that much for the product.

Anyone want to place bets that we see the same thing happen here?

i would pretty much to place bets with you, but firstly let me know how much you bet.

TyGrrr

Robert...what about the DJI Integrated Ground Station?

...looked very cool...any news on that? Just about to purchase a hi-end radio & download link...would rather have it all-in-one :)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
i would pretty much to place bets with you, but firstly let me know how much you bet.

besides making bets or better than making bets. I think a lot of customers are interested how you guys addressed the issue wind and wobbles with the S800 setup ?
Are there any WKM Firmware changes coming the with the s800 release or do your guys have new ESCs with a specific firmware and i don't mean preprogrammed.

I cant be believe that different motors lower in Kv and bigger props even if they are light CF props make bigger WKM setups all of a sudden stable in the wind.

Any insights on this Gestaltung would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Boris

Hi Boris,

We are working on some new detailed information now, please follow our product website,
we update it every 3 or 4 days. We will start to put some new videos.

What i can say now is that, flying performance is no longer big issue, we are working on some production details. And we spend more time on Gimbal user expierence, interface and extra features after we receive more feedback from testers. S800 seems more likely to be finished and ready to ship.

People also enjoy discounts when they pay the money for not fully information released product.
It is so far fair and we will make them feel it is worthy to wait.

Actually i would understand the situation like this. People who still do not trust DJI as much as i pay big money first and wait without enough information until 1 month later, i might gamble with my luck. But after this time comparing what DJI promised and what DJI deliver, people will be more easier to make their decision in next round preorder programs for Ruling and other DJI new products.
From that perspective, DJI is also gambling their name in the market. The truth is we always won and will continue that.

Even the problems for other multi-rotor manufacturers are exactly the same to DJI, people are still paying money to show their confidence to support DJI.

You choose to wait in preorder programs, but you will seriously consider before the deadline of WKM user discounts. The policy is not only designed for preorder buyers, its even more intensively designed for you guys. And, the timing is perfect.

Boris, you will like the product.

Swift

Last edited by a moderator:

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Pre-order discounts aren't usually because of lack of information its done to help bank roll the production. Get some money in the company so they can get things going.

Seeing how well WKM has done I don't have too many reservations about pre-ordering. My only concern is if these are real discounts or will it become the standard price like with the WKM?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Boris,

We are working on some new detailed information now, please follow our product website,
we update it every 3 or 4 days. We will start to put some new videos.

What i can say now is that, flying performance is no longer big issue, we are working on some production details. And we spend more time on Gimbal user expierence, interface and extra features after we receive more feedback from testers. S800 seems more likely to be finished and ready to ship.

People also enjoy discounts when they pay the money for not fully information released product.
It is so far fair and we will make them feel it is worthy to wait.

Actually i would understand the situation like this. People who still do not trust DJI as much as i pay big money first and wait without enough information until 1 month later, i might gamble with my luck. But after this time comparing what DJI promised and what DJI deliver, people will be more easier to make their decision in next round preorder programs for Ruling and other DJI new products.
From that perspective, DJI is also gambling their name in the market. The truth is we always won and will continue that.

Even the problems for other multi-rotor manufacturers are exactly the same to DJI, people are still paying money to show their confidence to support DJI.

You choose to wait in preorder programs, but you will seriously consider before the deadline of WKM user discounts. The policy is not only designed for preorder buyers, its even more intensively designed for you guys. And, the timing is perfect.

Boris, you will like the product.

Swift

Hi Swift,

WKM certainly has its positive sides. The following I like the "alt hold" not accomplished by any other FC ( except MK with the recent modes done by customers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwNu3mSA3rg ) has caught up and i like your gps hold and the precision, thus the resulting failsafe RTH and landing. You guys have made yourself a good name with those features and convinced me to have 3 WKM copters in the mean time, now 2 :)

On the other side you guys ruin it with comments that you have 24 hrs support responds time, which is not a given, never was. Excuses from dns problems which I can understand since I guess china doesn't make it easy sometimes with there application level filters and explanations he is new in the office and cant speak english that well, are all fine, but this doesn't solve the problem. If you read the main DJI RCgroups thread there are constantly customers that don't get a responds and than we have someone from DJI commenting no no we have 24 hrs responds time, a bit of trust is lost again. So finally install a support tracking system forget about the 24 hrs support responds time marketing statements but make sure requests are answered and can be tracked by customers and internally for you guys !!! and everybody is happy.

Now in the meantime if you guys are figuring out how to get the S800 stable in the wind or already have, is your approach that this stability is only available to customers that buy the s800 or are you guys also planning to support CS 8 Skyjib DW HL owners, expensive setup based on WKM, how they can also achieve this ? If you don't do that trust is lost again. As far a i remember you guys started selling a FC and not a complete system. Or is the only difference or trick to the s800 the bent up arms ?

If you guys write counter ESCs and in the meantime there a customers out there buying counter ESCs that don't even start up since WKM is giving out a base frequency not supported by all ESCs than please help those or publish a recommended ESCs list, otherwise trust it lost again.

Now to pre-orders

Why should I consider as a european customer ? I order now from China pay 1040 USD, here in Austria the post man comes and says please 17% extra so i am at 1216 USD min. In the meantime you guys might be stocking you european resellers, talking about the 11 Apr to 10 May period, were I guess if you guys don't change the price policy again i dont have to pay customs any more buying from my reseller. This results in more or less the same price but I had the time period to see the results of early adopters. But i might be wrong and you guys are not planning on stocking your resellers before the 10 of may :)

All cool great products and thanks for pushing the scene in the right direction and scaring some of the dinosaurs to work harder and push out their innovation faster, but start working together with customers or other frame makers or towards their frames freeflysystems droidworx to get those HL stable with your FC and not tell or indicate the perfect WKM setup can only be with a DJI frame. That makes me feel fooled and uncomfortable to consider buying S800.

Boris

ddmt

besides making bets or better than making bets. I think a lot of customers are interested how you guys addressed the issue wind and wobbles with the S800 setup ?
Are there any WKM Firmware changes coming the with the s800 release or do your guys have new ESCs with a specific firmware and i don't mean preprogrammed.

I cant be believe that different motors lower in Kv and bigger props even if they are light CF props make bigger WKM setups all of a sudden stable in the wind.

Any insights on this Gestaltung would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Boris

+1 I think I read one MK user was experimenting quad with 15" prop with WKM and as expected it wobbles, but not with MK. So yeah same with Boris, I don't believe also.

Thank you Boris,

thank you very much for all good suggestions.

Well for the support, whenever in RCGROUPS or here i saw somebody complaining for no reply, i check the email history ASAP. In the last 10 cases, every time we did reply or the email just arrived last night 22:00 and he post the complain at 23:00. We changed the announcement of support from 24 hours to 9 am to 18 pm Hongkong time, Monday to Friday. We also start to build up dealer support. We made mistake according to DNS problem and have lost 2 months email from the mailbox. But sometimes it's a little bit hard to win it back, people has stereotype already.

1 Year ago people were challenging the name of Wookong, just they don't trust a product and the support from China ORIGINALLY FROM HEART. If the same phone call goes into MK, and you judge them with the same standard, tell me how you feel about the difference of DJI. We do have people speak English, German, Japanese, Russian and will have people speak Spanish and French. We are now planning the German and USA office. We spend money just for a better support and interaction with customers. It is fine that people have stereotype and or we made mistakes. It's our duty when customers are not happy, even they are counting on us more than other brands.

Now talking about pre-order.
The MSRP now to order directly from DJI is the standard MSRP. If you buy it from Hongkong, you have to pay what you need to by the customs, but we will arrange local dealer to give you support. If you want to buy from local dealer in Europe, you either have the same MSRP with out VAT, or you will have a higher MSRP in Europe with VAT included. We are still not for sure who are our European local dealers, they should be very restricted qualified in any sense. We are still choosing them. This is also the best way to take our responsibility for our customers.

For this time, pre-order discount is not the key, WKM customer discount should be the key thing.
You still have one month time between April 11th to May 10th to decide, while people already start to use the product.

For droidworx, i promise you we will customize for them to make it perfectly compatible. They have the same understanding of value of product and industry. DJI love to work with fresh minds.

Swift

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
1 Year ago people were challenging the name of Wookong, just they don't trust a product and the support from China ORIGINALLY FROM HEART. If the same phone call goes into MK, and you judge them with the same standard, tell me how you feel about the difference of DJI. We do have people speak English, German, Japanese, Russian and will have people speak Spanish and French. We are now planning the German and USA office. We spend money just for a better support and interaction with customers. It is fine that people have stereotype and or we made mistakes. It's our duty when customers are not happy, even they are counting on us more than other brands.

I totally dislike the predujice approach that products/service from china can only be of bad quality and yes compared to MK your support is better ! Enough said :) looking forward to some additional demo videos/details of the s800 and your gimbal.

Boris

JDM66

Hello

is anyone know the delivery date of the S800 in pre-order?

March, April, May ...

thank's for support

jdm66

WillM

How are the ESCs and motors connected to power? Does power and/or signals run through the S800 arms? If you want to remove the arms for transportation, do you also need to unplug any motor or ESC wires? Some pictures show bus connections, some do not. I am very curious to understand how this works. I have not found any pictures or videos of the arms being removed or installed with motors & ESCs.

Is there a power distribution ring in the center plate, like the Flamewheel?
Are the ESCs soldered to the distribution ring?
How do the ESC's motor wires connect to the motors?
Is there an instruction manual available yet?

Thanks,

Will

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
I would just like to say that it is pretty amazing that someone like Swift from DJI is here responding to posts. He is a very busy person. That shows class and thoughtfulness on a very high level.

Again, very fluid situation right now. Updates are and will be coming very soon.

Macsgrafs

I would just like to say that it is pretty amazing that someone like Swift from DJI is here responding to posts. He is a very busy person. That shows class and thoughtfulness on a very high level.

Again, very fluid situation right now. Updates are and will be coming very soon.

A few firms now having customer services like Swift, Droidworx is one that I can't fault, Quadcopetrs UK is another & so is quadcopetr USA.

hexa

Swift can you request led module. Where by one can solder there own rgb led strips. Ifs a safety matter one can't see the one led in bright daylight for low lipo notification.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk