My KK board has been retired to a backup quad, this Coptercontrol board trumps the KK board in all areas so far. I like the Contour GPS, and shoot in the 720HD 30fps because my ageing laptop can handle the format :)

Efliernz

Pete
A couple shot with my tricopter earlier this year. DIY tricopter and KK board with DT750 motors and the Gopro.

Pete

It's a fine line between having enough wind for the Blokarts and too much for the tricopter.
The Gopro had a 3rd-party 6mm lens giving 60 degree fov.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Wind seems to be the same in NZ and the UK .... and is usually on the wrong side of that fine line. We were asked to help a friend create a cover CD for a 4x4 magazine on the Yorkshire moors here in the UK, real Heathcliff country - bleak and wind swept. We had no choice over the day of filming and while the sky was puffy white clouds on a blue background, the wind was anything but reasonable. We did persevere and got some shots that were included on the disc. It showed that try as you might to fly like a pro and tweak that camera mount to perfection, you will always be a victim of the weather.
http://www.lro.com/print.php?sid=1010

Efliernz

Pete
Good results - especially with the wind buffeting.

It's 7:22am and I'm off for a shoot. Heavy overcast and the storm will hit at lunch time. We are doing progress stills on a new factory and they lift a 35 tonne galvanising boiler through the roof this morning. I was going to shoot a video as well but in these conditions, I'll concentrate on the stills...

Pete

Here is a quick video shot with a XAircraft X650V-8, hard mounted GoPro w/motorsports mount. Stuck with double sided tape onto battery tray. NICE, No Post stab, No stabilised mount ...

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
More quality from Jeff.You must be super confident in your gear to fly like that.I like how you got all the passengers up one end so you would have some room to land.
Keep `em coming.:)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am confused by the flags. The front one doesnt move at all and the back one is flapping around. I guess the boat was moving at different rates for different shots?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
360 degree pan, Wookong-m controller, Sony Nex 5N w/16mm wide angle lens. Without a doubt the best pan I've ever been able to do with a multirotor aircraft. looking forward to doing more when I get a chance to get the WKM out in the field...

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Most certainly is impressive Ken.. R u manually yawing that?

Dave

Yes, manual yaw. Thing I like the most about WKM is unlike the MK the platform stays level when the sideways motion begins and it stays level through the entire 360 degrees. With either of my MK there's the initial tilt when it starts to turn, levels out for a large part of the spin, and then tends to keep going once the MK stops and it has to swing back to level. The WKM controller seems to be smart enough to know the difference between intentional sideways motion vs. unintended that needs to be compensated for.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yes, manual yaw. Thing I like the most about WKM is unlike the MK the platform stays level when the sideways motion begins and it stays level through the entire 360 degrees. With either of my MK there's the initial tilt when it starts to turn, levels out for a large part of the spin, and then tends to keep going once the MK stops and it has to swing back to level. The WKM controller seems to be smart enough to know the difference between intentional sideways motion vs. unintended that needs to be compensated for.

Ken

Can u try it by using the trim tab. I find this the best way of getting a slow constant pan.. Yours is good but to fast and to get it nice and smooth I find using the tab works great as it starts nice and slow

Dave