the white lights won't go away

Dominic

Hi all
I am still getting two to three white lights in attitude but more so in GPS, fix.

I have balanced the props to a point were we are getting great video but the white lights are still showing. They seam to show more when descending or manoeuvring. Also if the AD6, is a reasonable distance from us it tends to show then. I need to get very high shots and rely on GPS, when to high to have proper orientation.

The IMU, is set on it’s own and the GPS, is mounted on the rear motor shaft so is a distance from the IMU. The power unit is also away from the IMU. Any help would be great as we are totally stumped as to what’s going on!!

We have also tried different types of Gyro pads but without success!! Any advise would really help!!

Cheers Dominic

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

I'm having random white lights too, had almost every flight when it was colder, -10C and below. Now when it's been around zero i've only had it couple of times. And it's only showing for me if i fly higher altitudes or descending. Haven't found yet any serious problem for flight behavior even if it's showing so i don't mind that so much.

jhardway

Dominic

what is your set up, motors and frame. I was getting a lot of white lights, however it was not until I stiffened up the frame I was able to get rid of them.

Whats the white lights mean?.... My wookong will b here soon more info on it the better

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

lperagallo

hobby-drones.com
Hi all
I am still getting two to three white lights in attitude but more so in GPS, fix.

I have balanced the props to a point were we are getting great video but the white lights are still showing. They seam to show more when descending or manoeuvring. Also if the AD6, is a reasonable distance from us it tends to show then. I need to get very high shots and rely on GPS, when to high to have proper orientation.

The IMU, is set on it’s own and the GPS, is mounted on the rear motor shaft so is a distance from the IMU. The power unit is also away from the IMU. Any help would be great as we are totally stumped as to what’s going on!!

We have also tried different types of Gyro pads but without success!! Any advise would really help!!

Cheers Dominic

Dominic,

Please post a few photos of your set up. I am most concerned about your comment about where the GPS is mounted. Do you have the GPS mounted on the longest pole supplied? What motors are you running? What size props? How often do you get the white lights? What are your gains set to? There are many factors that could be causing this so more information is needed. Best to start with pictures of your set up and your gain settings. One last thing, what are your X,Y and Z numbers for the IMU and GPS?

Lou

lperagallo

hobby-drones.com
Whats the white lights mean?.... My wookong will b here soon more info on it the better

Elliot,

It depends when you get the white lights. In Dominics case the white lights during flight indicate an issue with stability. It depends on how often and the sequence they flash. It's all in the manual. If you don't have your Wookong yet you can still go to the DJI site and download the manual. Read it and then read it again. Most set up issues that I have seen relate to not following the manual or not understanding the manual. It's not the best well written, but all the information is there.

Lou

Flamewheel with opto 30 amps, will likely buy some scorpion sII- 22 1050kv's because im not to thrilled that one motor on my 450 doesnt work out of the box and im hearing about it more and more

got me some white lights on my 450 WKM, usually 2 of em in atti mode after i have done some full throw stick commands... is that normal? GPS is on longest mast, multi flies nice and stable but if i give large stick commands the light happen, then go away after a minute

Dewster

I get intermittent white strobes on occasion. It's usually when it's windy out and or when my craft is not balanced.

Dreamweaver

got me some white lights on my 450 WKM, usually 2 of em in atti mode after i have done some full throw stick commands... is that normal? GPS is on longest mast, multi flies nice and stable but if i give large stick commands the light happen, then go away after a minute

Same here....my 450 build is only half a week old for the first 4 days (~20 batts) i only had all the correct mode lights but today day 5 after about 5 batts i start to get the 3 white flashes.

Doesn't seem to affect anything but happens in GPS with big stick movements.

Is there any news on a fix yet?...will it crash and burn?

~Mike

lperagallo

hobby-drones.com
As long as the white lights are occasional and only occur after rapid movement of the sticks, this is OK. I am assuming this is happening in ATTI or GPS mode. In these modes the system is in stabilization mode and not meant to be thrown around. The system is reporting to you that it is having issues trying to remain stable. Also what are your attitude gains. If these are too high you could get the white lights. Look in the manual under LED status and you will see that blinking white lights refers to Attitude status and if yo get 2 lights it means attitude status is fair, and three lights means it is poor. This can also be caused by unbalanced props, vibrations from motors or an overloaded weight.

Lou

Dreamweaver

No weight just the 450 frame, WKM, 3s-2950 which is 2lb8oz all in all.

I had just put some 10x5 graupners on that morning so tonight i took them off and put the stock dji 10" back on and alas i still got the white lights which never happened in the first 4 days.

All the graupner seem to balance out perfect on the cheap magnetic balance i got.

Maybe the 8mm washer under the graupners may have been causing the flashing with them but doesn't explain the stock ones doing it now.

I'll try grabbing it whilst hovering tomor and see what it feels like.

Any other ideas?

~Mike

Tahoe Ed

Pictures say a thousand words. Can you help us out with some? The mechanical, screen shots from the Assistant. ect... We may able to help you.

Dreamweaver

Sure here you go...

The Quad.

photobucket-2823-1341937444780.jpg

photobucket-5280-1341937479974.jpg

photobucket-824-1341937515258.jpg

photobucket-1228-1341937549060.jpg

photobucket-8468-1341937584703.jpg

photobucket-462-1341937631133.jpg

The software.

photobucket-2732-1341937676487.jpg

photobucket-1689-1341937728408.jpg

photobucket-1068-1341937773170.jpg

photobucket-1588-1341937818191.jpg

~Mike

Dreamweaver

Bump...

Ed, Ryder, DJI...i'm still getting the white flashes even with the new 8" dji props i just bought in a pack of 8.

Grabbing the quad it doesnt seem like a lot of vibration is happening.

I'm flying in 110-115 heat is that an issue...and yes i can still hold the motors after 10 mins of flight.

Re-calibrated the compass a few times but no change.

The flashes are being caused by the GPS or the IMU?

Tahoe Ed

Dreamweaver,

I assume that your throttle was at high when you took the Tx Monitor picture. If not your need to reverse the Th channel or were you showing me your Failsafe settings? Not sure which. I did not see anything out of place with your installation. I have been talking to another AZ resident that is having issues with his motor temps in your heat but not white flashes. Since you are not having that issue then let's address the white flashes. When you fly what effect on control do the flashes have? Are they continuous or intermittent? I occasionally get them with fast stick movements, the movement disturbs the internal dampening in the IMU or overloads the processor in the MU. Take your choice. Since you moved to 8" props, did you also change to 4S lipos? That is what makes the 8" props work. Higher power, higher revs, and faster response to changes in attitude.