Wookong Motor`s want start, please help! Short Video

meme

Hello,

i've posted this in the german section too. As you can see, i a not able to start the Motors on a Gaui 500x with the new installed Wookong M.

Components:
Gaui 500x with original Gaui 960kv Motors
Gauia 18A ESC
Wookong M
Multiplex Cockpit SX

Some has an idea? Thanks in advance for your Help!

cheers, meme

Last edited by a moderator:

a944734

Hi meme
I see that your VU blinks fast red when you try to arm. On my NAZA this means "no signal from RX" - as soon as I switch on my TX the red blinks stop.
Looks to me like a TX -> RX problem

Hi Meme

just a thought if you set a failsafe switch , must be turned off before arm the motors, also i noticed on your calibration screen travel stick position all black it suppose to be Green when all stay neutral position ,check all your connection MC to RX

shiu

kloner

Aerial DP
agreed on the green bars........ at the bottom of the same screen is where you set atti, gps and manual, is that blue and highlighted in the corresponding box? hard to see from the angle of the camera. That red light is generaly low voltage protect, is the Voltage monitor on? is it setup for a diff battery than your trying to use? Is the heli in failsafe mode

The esc's are armed, your half way through the battle

plingboot

cant see if the usb cable is still connected, but if youre connected to the set-up app the motors arent going to spin. you need to disconnect the usb cable, then try.

meme

Thank you for your support, really much appreciated !
@ a944734 : I tried to attach a servo instead the Aileron, and the servo works
@Exopackshiu and kloner: See the attached Pic, if i have Throttle at 50% the bar is green, ist that ok? The corresponding blue boxes for setting are highlighted. also when i switch between the different flight modi.

View attachment 2835
I have tried to re-calibrate my TX. When starting calibration i can not calibrate the sticks, i have to change the Mid-Position directly on the TX to have green bar in the mid and for having movement to the left and right of the Wookomg Assistant....

Start thinking that my Multiplex TX is maybe not the right RC-System?

thank you guys,

-meme

Attachments

• wkm assistant.jpg
    wkm assistant.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 469

meme

@ mailman 35, she is not mounted yet, need to have motors running first :)
@plingboot, thanks i have tried w/o connection, no spinning.

thanks you for your help, the next beer is on me

Tomstoy2

A couple things. First, disable voltage monitor for now. Next, do you have the red wires from the esc's removed? They need to be. After that, check all you wire connections again. Something is not right.
Ensure that failsafe is not enabled on the assistant. You should have a 3-way switch set up to enable the 3 different flight modes. ensure the assistant shows it is in any one of the flight modes, not failsafe.
It's not you tx system.

Try the above and then let us know.

meme

A couple things. First, disable voltage monitor for now. Next, do you have the red wires from the esc's removed? They need to be. After that, check all you wire connections again. Something is not right.
Ensure that failsafe is not enabled on the assistant. You should have a 3-way switch set up to enable the 3 different flight modes. ensure the assistant shows it is in any one of the flight modes, not failsafe.
It's not you tx system.
Try the above and then let us know.

Ok Tom, thx, i'l try that. Right now i have cutted the Lam of my Flying Wing (Ritewing Zephyr) to extract the Immersion RC RX :) My Heart was bleeding. But before i try the Immersion RX/TX i will try right now what you said. thx.

-meme

kloner

Aerial DP
if your tx is talking to the assistant, it is the right kind

Have you tried switching it to man or atti? does the red flashing light underneath go green? if it's on sat and the sat doesn't have signal what color is the light suppose to flash on wookong?

i initially had rx/tx problems and mine flashed a orangish, yours is red like when low voltage shuts it down

meme

@ tomstoy:
Voltage monitor is disabled. No Changes
I've removed the the red wires from the ESC`s and re-connected them. No Changes
Yes, checked all the Wires again, see also Pics attached.
3 Way Switch is enabled and working. Brought it outside for Sats, the led needs 3-4 minutes to pass from 3 red flashes to 0 in Manual, and yello/blu blu flashes in Atti/Gps Modus. I noticed that the jello/blu flash is not a single spark, but a double spark.....

best, meme

View attachment 2836View attachment 2837

Attachments

• wiring1.jpg
    wiring1.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 379
  • wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 271

meme

if your tx is talking to the assistant, it is the right kind

Have you tried switching it to man or atti? does the red flashing light underneath go green? if it's on sat and the sat doesn't have signal what color is the light suppose to flash on wookong?

i initially had rx/tx problems and mine flashed a orangish, yours is red like when low voltage shuts it down

Hello Kloner, it seems working on Sat, i`ve tried to switch between the different Flight Modi and it`s exactly like described in the User Manual, wit one expectation : The Yellow and Blue Sparks are double Sparks
Voltage: I soldered a Dean Connector to a fresher Lipo for checking that, no Changes.

thanks, meme

kloner

Aerial DP
Aren't the brown wires suppose to be at the top? looks like all the wires are backwards unless wookong is backwards from naza. I'm shooting from the hip

edit, just read your manual, they are suppose to be signal at the top like you have.....

Tomstoy2

Ok, let's try an experiment.

1. Remove all the red wires from the esc's. You don't want to use internal bec's on a WKM, period.
2. From the PMU, the cable labeled X1, plug it into the X1 port of the MC. This supplies power to not only the motor controller, (MC ), but also your receiver.

If that doesn't work, then remove the esc's from the MC , plug back in the red wires, and one at a time plug them into your throttle port of the reciever for your radio system. Apply power, then set high and low throttle position. Unplug power and reapply again and go into set up. Program the esc's. Set battery to NIcad, and timing to medium.
Do not forget to complete the last step of the programming, exit, or nothing gets saved.

When each esc is reprogrammed, unplug the red wire, and plug each esc back into the correct motor port on the MC.

A word of caution here, the gu-344 used clockwise motor control rotation where-as the WKM used counter-clockwise motor rotation. So make sure you have this correct.

Try this as post back your results.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 2846

meme wrote this already in the german thread, here again are you sure your throtle is correct and dosent need to be reversed ?

It looks like it in your video: Throttle is up but your slider for the TX is not all the way on the right !

Boris

Attachments

• throttle.jpg
    throttle.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 244

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Strange one just checked again at the beginning it seems to work, later it seems to have problems ?

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
is multiplex a hitec brand like it is here? is there a manual online? just curious to read through it