looking for suggestion on a video downlink system

jhardway

I am looking for something that is small, light and works. I am not looking for anything extravagant I just need something that works and allows me to see what I am looking at. Any suggestions are helpful

thanks Jack

Bowley

I use real budget stuff, fpv fever Tx/Rx, 7" monitor on an old tripod, 500mAh 3S Tx battery, weighs next to nothing, I think the heaviest airborne part is the gopro AV lead which I dont want to cut because I am tight as a Scotsman....Oh wait a minuty I am a Scotsman.

It works OK but I would rather have goggles over the monitor.
The gear does me for FPV, hasn't failed me yet. It noise varies with relative heading, hope to improve it with cloverleaf/skew Planar anntenna

Bowley

Just a point on video downlink in the UK for anyone thats unaware; you're supposed to have a ham radio license for 5.8GHz over 25mA. Dont need one for 2.4GHz downlink at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

srbell

I use and 5.8 Iftron with their Passport receiver. The receiver is a little more than most, but the image is rock solid.

ZAxis

I'll go with srbell and say the Iftron gear is a good choice.
Just need the correct aerial for the situation.
See the other thread about a 100% downlink.

andy

DaveM

Just a point on video downlink in the UK for anyone thats unaware; you're supposed to have a ham radio license for 5.8GHz over 25mA. Dont need one for 2.4GHz downlink at all.

The ham radio licence in the UK, only covers ground based transmission, as the TX is airborne the limits are still 5.8ghz 25mw - 2.4ghz 10mw, well that's what the FPVUK.org states anyway

Dave

sj257

Is there a risk of a 2.4 system causing any issues with control on 2.4? And are there systems that are as low as 10mw and what range does that give?

sj