Props, props, and more props

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Mike,
I've been using Xoar props on my Okto and I'm really happy with them. You can order them from www.bobshobbycenter.com in florida but they're special order so you have to order at least 15 of the pusher version and there's about a six week wait. 1001-copters.com may have some in stock and you can check with electricwingman.co.uk also but you're looking for a larger size so maybe, maybe not. Definitely from Bob's though if you don't mind waiting. What size are we talking about?
Bart

Hi,
one of my US customer pointed me that my shipping cost to US were a bit high. I watched it closely and I raised it of around 5€ (around 7.25$) because yes it was too high. It's still expensive because the shipping cost is the same for 0.2kg or 1kg but I'm doing my best to satisfy customers :)

Regarding different size props, I can place a special order for my next batch if some people are interested. Even for small quantites. I will ask for a commercial proposal to XOAR.
What I have seen about XOAR prop is that the precision pair are far better than the normal ones (not to say normal are crap ,no, but precision are beter) It's still unbalanced but the flying behavior after balancing is great (customer 's point of view).

I have launch some test one motors and propellers to see best efficiency, less vibration and best couple motor/prop and I will communicate the results on boards.
For now I have the efficiency for a few motors (AXI 2814/22, Mk 3538, pulso 2820/14, AHM 3506) but I will publish when I will have all the data.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I've now had a chance to get some flights in on the stock Hexa with the 10 x 5 Xoar props. The biggest difference Xoar vs Graupner is the noise level, the Graupners sound like a swarm of angry bees, the Xoar have a whispering sound that is much less noticeable. Once the altitude goes above 30 feet or so its hard to even hear the props unlike the Graupners which could be heard at much higher altitudes. Balancing also seems to be very good on the Xoar, I haven't checked them on a prop balancer but I see no visible vibration in the frame while hovering nor in any of the stills or video I've taken while using then, so they're balanced at least as well as the Graupners and far better than APC.

Stiffness of both props seems to be about the same, control response doesn't differ from one to another. The Xoar may have a bit of an advantage in the amount of lift generated having a wider blade profile, they don't require quite as much throttle as the Graupner to maintain a hover and a hard push upward on the stick will send the Hexa straight up with no hesitation.

Haven't had a chance to gauge any difference in flight time and battery usage of one vs the other yet, weather has been wet and windy for the last two weeks and it appears my vacation week is going to be much of the same.

Overall I'd say the Xoar are a good choice for a stock Hexa and the reduction in the noise factor is a big plus no matter where you're flying.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ken thats very informative.. I would defo be interested in reducing noise levels. How have you got on with the carbon ones you got?

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken thats very informative.. I would defo be interested in reducing noise levels. How have you got on with the carbon ones you got?

Dave

The carbon fiber props are on their way back to where they came from on RMA, one out of six was close to being balanced the rest not at all. Hopefully the new set will be as advertised and fully balanced.

I did do one or two test flights with them just to see how they worked, didn't notice a lot of difference from the APC 12 x 3.8 they replaced in the limited time I had them mounted. If the timing of everything works out I should be getting the new set about the time I get the Droidworx back together, I'm trying to get all the updates done in one session so I won't need to put a wrench to it for a long time. With luck I'll have more to say about the C/F props around the middle of June.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Guess the Xoer props are worth considering then.. Ill take a look in to getting some to try ready for my new build

Dave