Naza Trim Issue

mailman35

slow wobble the speed at which i brought the quad down seemed to play a factor in it as well.
changing the gains back to 110-110-110-100 and 80-80

kloner

Aerial DP
your right where i am. i try not letting the throttle so low and am living with it like this cause the video is smoother looking. Think were on the lower side of perfect. gonna try 115 next

mailman35

ive been told that i might have to work on my throttle curve, right now im in acro mode, but that option is only available for my radio in heli mode. so i will give that a shot tonight, to see if it can help with resolving the flying in manual mode issues.
but as to what my throttle curve should be i do not know any ideas?

mark

kloner

Aerial DP
Man, brutal. so one of the main things that affect a throttle curve is the idle adjustment slider. Is yours in the middle or up/down? It really affects the curve at the low end.

I took the new revised quad out today, same drift so i fixed it how i had it fixed before, subtrims looking first at the green sliders in assistant, then fine tuned it in the sky. If you look when your done calibrating, do your green sliders sit perfectly centered? I think mine moved the ail 2, ele 3 and rudder 1.

This is interesting, one thing i notice when calibrating is my throttle slider when the stick is at 50 dead nutts in the middle, the slider is way off from center and green, it's a few ticks over center and black

mailman35

i have a futaba t7c, so i dont think i remember seeing an idle adjustment slider. aside from the ones within the naza sw.
and yeah i have noticed that in the assistant after a calibration they arent as centered as you would think they should be.

FOX222

I'm not really sure what throttle curves going to do for you. All aircraft will wobble like that on a vertical decent.
Try making an approach at about 45 degree angle and not pulling the throttle so low.

kloner

Aerial DP
usually both sticks have a slider to the side and bottom of them, it gives trim. When that isn't center on the throttles trim, it tweeks the throttle curve, makes the bottom flat and less than normal if down, opposite if up you can see it immediatley in the throttle curve menu, doesn't start at 0

Try centering those green boxes and tell me if it gets better. use sub trim in setup, not your trims i spoke of above next to the sticks. Mine had 3 clicks that made that bar center, has a totaly different feel flying

mailman35

ahh ok will do. kicking the subtrim for the rudder to -3 for me fixed most of my tail drift.
i havent tried to play with it for the throttle.

also did some reading in rcg about adjusting the expo in the futaba it seems that the - numbers are actually positive. so gonna try that to see if it makes any difference in manual mode

kloner

Aerial DP
You want - expo on futaba to make center slow, + will make center stick faster with small movements

I didn't touch the throttle subtrim in the assistant, i "subtrimmed" ail and ele. My throttle was so far off i left it. Hands free hover now. theres a beep set on half stick on my tx, it holds totaly level at half stick so i'm leaving throttle for now

kloner

Aerial DP
your onto something with the throttle part of this thing. flew sub trimmed like mentioned 2 flights perfect, third flight got all drifty again so i took a look at the throttle deal and put my subtrims back to center. when i make 50% on my throttle stick centered and green on the assistant it flew perfect. Will burn a few more packs to see if it sticks, but i think that's the problem. the wind still blew it all over the place, but that back and right movement went away completely.

goto a menu that shows the exact number the throttle is on, it is probably shown on a throttle curve page or a menu screen and make sure your click finish in calibrate with trim slider neutral and your stick sitting at 50, if it isn't in the green, tweek the curve midstick section so it does. hope this solves it

mailman35

doh no flying for a bit for me, the quad was on its way back to me and ended up taking a nose dive in to the field, could be worse but just a single broken arm.
:(

(edit)
just got done pulling a motor apart to clean the dirt out of it. im hoping lou from hobby-drones.com can work a small miracle and get me the parts by friday or sat :)
and it looks like lou just made the cut off time for me

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that's a bummer. if a motor went in, you should pull the c clip off the bottom, slide that barrell off and stick the shaft into each bearing, with just a little pressure spind the bearing and feel for dented races. it'll be a bump or a tick. if you find some, get some grade7 4x8x3 bearings heading your way. The shaft and barrell could also get bent. I smoked two motors first flight. thought just broke a prop, boy was i wrong

mailman35

yeah i pulled the motors apart didnt see any damage they spin fine(no binding and the clearences around the motor seem to be about even, i put pics of the damage up, the impact was in to soft grass/dirt

kloner

Aerial DP
it's a really small tick,,,,,,, just be sure cause they die fast when there screwed up. starts rattlin and screamin

mailman35

hrmm ok so once i spun them up i do hear a slight grinding sound in one of them thankfully i have a spare coming as well. how do i get the bearings out ive tried the slow wobble but it doesnt want to unseat them..

mailman35

kloner,
cool thanks, yeah gonna spare this motor at this point. any idea what the abec rating and build material is on the stock dji bearings?