WKM firmware ver. 5 test video

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I headed out to do a test video of the home lock function. It works a treat.

One thing I noticed is that when I flicked over to "go home" at the end, it just stayed where it was and didn't do its usual failsafe. I will go out at try it again tomorrow, but I'm sure it is all set up okay, so should work.

On a side note, I am very impressed with the Graupner props. I put them on last night and they really work well...no oscilation, lovely and steady. They are 11x5...thanks Ken ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the explanation, I didnt get it until i looked at your video and thanks for having the balls to try it out as one of the first !

Boris

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
No problem Boris. It is very difficult to understand the manual at first, but after reading it again and again, it becomes clearer! Once set up, it is very easy to use. 1. Make sure there is GPS. 2. Fly in GPS mode. 3. Make sure the home point is set, normally this is automatic. Fly!

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Do I get this right we loose X2 though to this feature :( no more trimming of both gains inflight ? if i want to use the modes ?

Home Lock needs GPS ?

Corse lock dosent need GPS and can also be done in attitude comparable to MK care free ?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Yes to all of those, but I'm not exactly sure how the MK works, whether it just goes straight forward and back.

Regards,

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Dont know about the last Navi Ctrl update but as far as i remember from my MK times Carefree was like Corse lock and thats it.
Never used it though :)

I dont understand why they dont open more channels for S-bus user. I would like to have it all gimbal control gains setting and these features without sacrificing one or the other :(

rwilabee

I'm still not sure what this is used for, maybe I just don't understand it yet. Guess I better read the manual a few more times.

Rich

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I'm still not sure what this is used for, maybe I just don't understand it yet. Guess I better read the manual a few more times.

Rich

Rich, it makes piloting a lot easier if you aren't that happy flying in different orientations. I can't see myself using it all the time, but very handy to have if you flying far away and orientation becomes an issue. I would never dream of flying like I was in that video without it.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Does this make sense gunther ?

Course lock
View attachment 2063

Home lock.

No matter yawing or flying left or right the bird will always consider flying a forward command as flying away from your and a backwards command to come back home ?

View attachment 2064

Attachments

• Corselock.jpg
    Corselock.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Homelock.jpg
    Homelock.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 240

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Does this make sense gunther ?

Course lock

Home lock.

No matter yawing or flying left or right the bird will always consider flying a forward command as flying away from your and a backwards command to come back home ?

Brilliant Boris :) :)

Yes, that is what it looks like. The home lock is so much better, because you can fly wherever you want and it always comes back straight!

I did notice a small bit of drifting when bringing it back, but is was very slight and I easily compensated.

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
does the home locking acutally work in flight also ? So i can place the copter lets say over a church tower and lock it as home. Let the bird fly left and yaw it at the same same time thus flying circles around the church tower ?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
does the home locking acutally work in flight also ? So i can place the copter lets say over a church tower and lock it as home. Let the bird fly left and yaw it at the same same time thus flying circles around the church tower ?

Apparently you can reset the home position in flight, just flip the position switch 3-5 times and the green light will flash. That is now the new home position. But the heli has to be at least 10 metres from home before it works.

Gunter.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi

just a thought if as borris said say you reset the home pos over a church roof

what happens if you loose signal after setting new home pos over church

would the failsafe return to home try and land on the church roof

keith

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
The is very similar to Simple mode in ArduCopter basically its pitch forward move away from you/home and pitch backwards towards you/home. But be careful if you accidentally turn it on/off you might loose your orientation. During early stages of testing the beta of ardu i hit the tree because I forgot I was in that mode.

I hoped DJI was gonna just include it on the flight modes so that it doesnt take out X2 but drawback is no way to reset home.

Thanks G for the video

rwilabee

Yes I see now. No matter which was the nose is pointing it will fly straight back and all you have to do is pull back on the stick. Same with other directions.

Rich

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
hi

just a thought if as borris said say you reset the home pos over a church roof

what happens if you loose signal after setting new home pos over church

would the failsafe return to home try and land on the church roof

keith

Yes, it probably would. And all stick commands would be in relation to the new home point. It might be a bit confusing!

Regards,

Gunter.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
Hi Gunter

I supose the only real test would be in that large open space you where you did the test flight and video

would be to test the failsafe RTH first
then fly say 15 or so meters to your left or right or where ever
then reset home in flight over said spot then return closer to origonal start point
and test failsafe RTH again and see if it would land in origonal takeoff home position
or the new home that you set while in flight

looks like it could has some great advantages
but also be a bit hazadous if you do not carfuly select new home pos

keith

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Hi Gunter

I supose the only real test would be in that large open space you where you did the test flight and video

would be to test the failsafe RTH first
then fly say 15 or so meters to your left or right or where ever
then reset home in flight over said spot then return closer to origonal start point
and test failsafe RTH again and see if it would land in origonal takeoff home position
or the new home that you set while in flight

looks like it could has some great advantages
but also be a bit hazadous if you do not carfuly select new home pos

keith

Yes Keith, a good way to test it, but I am sure resetting it would work as the home position. Snippet from the user manual below:

View attachment 2066

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 345

swisser

You can only have one home point, so in this example yes the church tower would become your home point. However, you can have a separate course lock point, provided you're using a 3 position switch for setting the locks.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
sorry Gunter just had to ask

LINE 5 are they asking everyone to stand near a window to use home lick

sorry just had to be asked

keith