Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

@ MoscowMan....Replied.

@PatNt... I do not recall Derek having 360servos on tilt and roll... therefore Picloc must be mounted on the PAN axis...so that it 'self stabilizes' on PAN, but drives proportionally the Tilt and Roll servos.

just for furthering more info....
Only for 3x 360 modified servos, can you mount Picloc on the inner axis next to the camera. And better if the mount hierarchy is PAN->ROLL->TILT.... so that you can get full nadir shots ( full down ) and beyond.
For this to work, Picloc needs to be mounted ARROW pointing to TILT.
For Copterworks/TRIAX style mounts, I always suggest to have 2 Piclocs... One doing Pan and TILT, the other just for ROLL. Otherwise.. search for posts by MombasaFlash... to see the mounting type he ingeniously came up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highviz

:nevreness:Thanks to George for taking the time to support me on Skype. After a bit of investigation found we needed to revert the outputs to the default S1 Tilt, S2 Roll, S3 Pan to get it to behave correctly. Something not quite linking up properly when I had it set to S1 for pan... but happy that I can now get on with fine tuning the rest of my setup.

- Hey George, I forgot to show you the other minor issue I have with using outputs S4 / S5 to control a shutter release servo. Works fine if you plug the servo into the picloc when the unit is already switched on, but does not give any output if you cycle the power. (Unplugging and re-plugging the lead gets it going again)

- Would be useful to have a fix for that too!

cheers

Malcolm

GeorgeM

Malcolm... I will look into that.

Another thing.... when you have Gentled's plugged into the spare outputs.....and you command an E-stop.... the Gentled's will fire away continuously it seems. I recently got an email about this.
Unfortunately, the 6 servo outputs are driven from one main 'mainswitch'.
Therefore when an E-stop is commanded, ALL 6 servo outputs go quiet, untill you re enable them.

So I will come up with a solution for the Gentled in due course. I already know what needs to be done. But I will have to wait for some weeks to do it. there are several other priorities.
And as for Malcom's Servo shutter release... I will hunt for the bug causing it. I was not aware of this. Thanks for bringing it up.

Thanks !!

gm

PaNt

@ MoscowMan....Replied.

@PatNt... I do not recall Derek having 360servos on tilt and roll... therefore Picloc must be mounted on the PAN axis...so that it 'self stabilizes' on PAN, but drives proportionally the Tilt and Roll servos.

just for furthering more info....
Only for 3x 360 modified servos, can you mount Picloc on the inner axis next to the camera. And better if the mount hierarchy is PAN->ROLL->TILT.... so that you can get full nadir shots ( full down ) and beyond.
For this to work, Picloc needs to be mounted ARROW pointing to TILT.
For Copterworks/TRIAX style mounts, I always suggest to have 2 Piclocs... One doing Pan and TILT, the other just for ROLL. Otherwise.. search for posts by MombasaFlash... to see the mounting type he ingeniously came up with.

OK here is how i have it..!

Now in sometime i will put the last version and i will try my luck..! What about the roll problems??? are these problems away>?!

GeorgeM

I am pleased to say yes....
And if problems persist, then its sensor/hardware/mounting/calibration types of issue.. which can all be solved.

holco

You ar making me very curious George!! [h=3][/h]

Hi Holco.....
Ok... here we go....

these are pre-production units which I'm testing and continuing to improve new firmware, until the production units arrive.

3RSX_3XPROv2 resize.jpg

3RSX_3XPROv2 side_resize.jpg

The Production units are somewhat different. Can't say more right now.

Hope everyone likes them.

:)

Piranha

I hate winter and hate minus 30, so hope to get mine before it, just to get chance to tune the device before cold will come ;)

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Arrrrggh. Winter ! Don't even talk about it. The most exasperating waste of bloody time of the year. This year we are going FO somewhere else.

GeorgeM

Darko... the new version has updated sensors ( really latest ones !! ) and also the ability to work at very cold temperatures... -20, -30 or even colder.

If you purchase this v1 Picloc-3X, it can still be upgraded to v2 spec with sensor update package, and low temperature capability.
I have approximate pricing of about 40.- Euro for the sensors upgrade, alone but this is not 100% finalized as yet.

In this case I will wait until you have 3x pro for sale !
Have you received my mail with my reservation for picloc 3x pro ?
Thanks for info
And one more question :Do I not need jeti box to programe it or I can use computer with usb ?

GeorgeM

Darko... Picloc-3X is programmed primarily with PiclocToolz, running on a Windows PC/Laptop/Netbook, running Windows XP/7 (both 32 and 64 bit), and soon even Windows 8.
It offers very fast real time visualization of what you're changing. No Read/Write buttons to press each time you make an adjustment.
It is a very transparent interface.
A lot of customers only use PiclocToolz, no JetiBox ( especially non-Europeans ).

The Jetibox is used for programming at the field... either connected straight to Picloc, or else wirelessly through the Jeti Duplex link ( if you are using a Jeti RMK-2 for example ... )
This way it can display telemetry data also to the cameraman's TX.
It's quite a neat feature, and I hope to be improving it heavily in the future, as well as adding Graupner HOTT compatibility.

Edit.... no I havn't seen your mail with reservation... as soon as I'll find it, I'll acknowledge you.