Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Hi George.
Hope you will get well soon.

I found out something new for me today. i always had some problems with small servo moves. especially when I'm flying fast.
Servos are MKS hv 787 powered with 6v on a AV 200.

When i switch of the Acc influence in the calibration tab i have no servo movements any more and i have a very fast and almost 99% perfect stabilization. It looks really good. But.....

When i use pan after 2 min. the horizon gets out of level. When i use it immediately after the gyro calibration its working fine.
This is very hard for the camera operator.....

Is there a way to make the acc influence smaller than low ?
Maybe also with a slider like the gyro deadband ?

Also the stabilization doesn't work that fine when i use the acc influence.
Would it be possible to set the gyro to zero while I'm flying ?
It won't be a problem to make a switch every 2 min.
Regards Jochen

GeorgeM

Hi PPL, I am back at home, normal.

Little accidents like this makes us 'remember' that life and health are very important.... more than any thing else in the world.

Thanks for all well wishes.

Jochen.. something very similar to what you explain is happeneing in the new firmware. You will really like it.
I would not like to make a switch for this... but then.. I don't think it needs it. I went around the issue in ... another, 'dynamic' way.

I will now try to read back the forum a little bit, and reply to some emails... some of which have been waiting for veeeerrry long for a reply.

Verid

Super that you are healthy and strong nothing had happened
Take a look at my problem? I want to cry I do not know what to do

George, I give up. No matter what I try, what setting I use

the problem is still here.
Acceleration is 0, compensation is set - maybe it's broken or something.
There's video from GoPro fixe3d directly to the frame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmqT5_kEOk

GeorgeM

Hi Verid,

What you're seeing there is 99.99% the effect of vibrations.... even though I do not see any from the cam ( and you say it's attached directly to the frame !!! WOW !!) !!

My upcoming firmware is a magnitude more resistive to vibes.

Try this.

Wrap the picloc in 2 or 3 layers of bubblewrap, and rubberband it ( semi loosely ) to the convenient picloc-shelf you created for your Picloc.

Try again, with this high frequency vibe isolator and let me see the result.

Thanks !!!

George

Verid

I had such a soft sponge on the stabilization of FY-31 and it was the same
but ok Put this on Bombel
But my friend has the same picloc and is rigidly mounted to the frame and nothing like that happens

rene.m

Hi PPL, I am back at home, normal.

Little accidents like this makes us 'remember' that life and health are very important.... more than any thing else in the world.

Thanks for all well wishes.

Jochen.. something very similar to what you explain is happeneing in the new firmware. You will really like it.
I would not like to make a switch for this... but then.. I don't think it needs it. I went around the issue in ... another, 'dynamic' way.

I will now try to read back the forum a little bit, and reply to some emails... some of which have been waiting for veeeerrry long for a reply.

Its good to know you back :)

Verid

George thanks for the reply but several layers of bubble wrap or do not match
Only a thick sponge helped and now I have no vibration
one is the speed servo (works with a slight delay)
I savox 1257tg servo acceleration even in 1000 did not help
Mikrokopter plate
settings in MK
compensation 0
refresch servo rate 3

dsc00106r.jpg

By kefir1972 at 2012-07-07

Film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkCiqWzRtE

Last edited by a moderator:

George,
good to hear that there will be a new firmware with is more resistant against vibrations.
Can you tell us a kind of time schedule when it will be available ?

My Operator hates me since i told him that we will only fly with the Gyro until we get the new software....
Jochen

George,
good to hear that there will be a new firmware with is more resistant against vibrations.
Can you tell us a kind of time schedule when it will be available ?

My Operator hates me since i told him that we will only fly with the Gyro until we get the new software....
Jochen

As I dont have these vibration problems it might make sense to find out what is the difference between your gimbal and mine.
I find it better to keep vibrations away instead of expecting the software to be vibration resistant.

I suspect the part that connects the gimbal to the kopter that passes on the vibrations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verid

The idea is that you can see that does not hold roll (on the ground in the hand is ok)
I can not translate English and on-line: (