Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

Thanks for kind words Acmach5. I am trying hard.

Future improvement is identifying why there is still some jitter on some setups... eg Holco's really nice and fast setup !!

Stay tuned :)

aircam4u

Please contact me...

Hi George,
my Problem:
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-experience-etc.&p=23449&viewfull=1#post23449

I talked to Jochen Braune and he told me that he had the same problem with one of his Picloc's!
You told him a way to repair?

I have the acc cooled with ice spray and was able to find the fault on my Picloc Pro.
Then I tested my second Picloc (only the standart version), and the problem did not exist... It works perfect...
So I think it's a hardware problem on my Picloc 3X Pro! But I need it!
What should I do now?

Please help me...

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Thanks for kind words Acmach5. I am trying hard.

Future improvement is identifying why there is still some jitter on some setups... eg Holco's really nice and fast setup !!

Stay tuned :)

Hi George,

I`ve sended a PM to you, did you get it ?

Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible to connect PICLOC 3X via WI232. I tried to connect via MKUSB and WI232 but there did not seem to come any power out of PICLOC to run the WI232. Or my selfmade cable is wrong?

Has anybody done it so far?

Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

mega

Hi guys!

I've just tested the picloc with the new firmware.
in the house it was good, but outside at -5 degrees, rotated the holder on nick and roll slowly
if I turn it off/on it working back to normal

After a short time it was wrong again.

temperature drift?

aircam4u

Hi guys!

I've just tested the picloc with the new firmware.
in the house it was good, but outside at -5 degrees, rotated the holder on nick and roll slowly
if I turn it off/on it working back to normal

After a short time it was wrong again.

temperature drift?

We have the same problems!
Also with the second Picloc which is not broken...
The other one was extremly: LINK
I think it is not okay, but I have no response from George... :(

PeterN

We have the same problems!
Also with the second Picloc which is not broken...
The other one was extremly: LINK
I think it is not okay, but I have no response from George... :(

Hello everybody, we recently made two separate flights and we experienced the same problems as aircam4u and mega described earlier in the discussion. it was also around -5 degrees outside, everything seemed to be working ok indoors when we prepared for the flight. we also waited for a while outside before turning on the picloc. after several minutes it began slowly rotating in tilt and roll axis without any manual interference with the remote. we use picloc 3x pro with v 0.55 firmware. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanx

P.S.
should we update the firmware with the latest release?

blattsalat

Same problem with my PicLoc 3x pro. Extremely drifting in the cold (-4 deg. Celsius), but pan also drifting at +20 dec. C.

http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php/v/tech/before1.jpg.html

b
efore

http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php/v/tech/after1.jpg.html

after 5 minutes

By the way drifting goes on and on on the pan axis...

EDIT: Ok, forget about this. The reason for "drifting" was that the Picloc was not mounted on a gimbal. I tried to make a small pan move, but there was no feedback (no movement) since it just sat on the table. So it tried to pan on and on.. my fault...

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hi all,would anyone happen to have a Picloc 2X that they'd like to sell?
please PM me if so,
thanks,
bart

Remoteworks

Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible to connect PICLOC 3X via WI232. I tried to connect via MKUSB and WI232 but there did not seem to come any power out of PICLOC to run the WI232. Or my selfmade cable is wrong?

Has anybody done it so far?

Derek

Not yet ready, still too much data in the stream..

RW

Ok, I´ve had my first flight today with my Picloc 3X STD with the latest FW E055.

All previous problems are gone, and no drift that I noticed. (about -2 C ambient temp)

I may have some tuning left to do, since I experience a bit jerky moves in tilt when it makes small compensations.

However, I really don´t get much feel or feedback from adjusting the "acceleration", or the "smooth" sliders? Can not really se any difference even in its extremes.

And the lowest slider in the "gains" tab, that isn´t labelled "Decay" any more, what does that do? Makes no obvious difference either..

The video showing "roll" setup is the most helpful one, (since the small picture is synchronized with the large), but the sliders aren´t named all the same any more, so it´s a bit confusing..

Is there any newer setup video available, or does anyone have answers to my questions?

(I have the CineStar SLR 2-axis mount with SAVÖX 360 servos)

//Lars

PaNt

Ok, I´ve had my first flight today with my Picloc 3X STD with the latest FW E055.

All previous problems are gone, and no drift that I noticed. (about -2 C ambient temp)

I may have some tuning left to do, since I experience a bit jerky moves in tilt when it makes small compensations.

However, I really don´t get much feel or feedback from adjusting the "acceleration", or the "smooth" sliders? Can not really se any difference even in its extremes.

And the lowest slider in the "gains" tab, that isn´t labelled "Decay" any more, what does that do? Makes no obvious difference either..

The video showing "roll" setup is the most helpful one, (since the small picture is synchronized with the large), but the sliders aren´t named all the same any more, so it´s a bit confusing..

Is there any newer setup video available, or does anyone have answers to my questions?

(I have the CineStar SLR 2-axis mount with SAVÖX 360 servos)

//Lars

Nice can you tell us your settings?? And can you uplaod the video??

Also Guys pls tell us your settings.. I know that the settigns are changing from setup to setup but if you have th P-gain to 600 and it works well then i will have to put it for 400-800 and not 1500 or 200 :) :) :)

THank you!

peterd

Hi George,

Today I received a new Picloc 3x PRO.
I installed FW ver.E055 and gradually set the basic parameters that took place OK.
I was surprised that Picloc Tolz (E055) does not show the correct voltage battery packs (see photo) is also a version of the E055 .....
In previous versions it showed the correct voltage battery packs

View attachment 2756

Peter

Attachments

• ZAKLAD_003-Picloc.jpg
    ZAKLAD_003-Picloc.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 225

PaNt

Hi George,

Today I received a new Picloc 3x PRO.
I installed FW ver.E055 and gradually set the basic parameters that took place OK.
I was surprised that Picloc Tolz (E055) does not show the correct voltage battery packs (see photo) is also a version of the E055 .....
In previous versionsit showedthe correct voltagebattery packs

View attachment 4065

Peter

On mine shows correct 6 volts..!

holco

Make sure that your power is connected in the same row as the servo's input, so you must connect it on a servo place ;)