Cliff.C

Hey folks....Couldn't find a introduction section so I popped in here... New to this site and just wanted to introduce myself. My names Cliff and Im 52 living in Cape Breton,Nova Scotia,Canada...Some of you may have heard of the world famous Cabot Trail... Thats on my doorstep...Always had remote control cars and trucks growing up and I remember the crazy plane on a string that would fly in a circle that I could never get to fly,lol. Just got into drones lately.Hope to get into building some as I get more familiar with the hobby.. I've purchased a JJRC H68 for my first and then a MJX Bugs 3. Was thinking of getting a better transmitter and wondering what would be a good 1? Hope to learn from you guys and looking forward to chat. Thanks

Scooterwolf

Hey Cliff,

Welcome to the site. I'm new like you. One of my best friends lives in Nova Scotia, and I'm planning a motovlogging trip there from Philadelphia to Nova Scotia on my motoscooter which I will film with 3 action cams, a 360 degree cam and hopefully a decent amount with drone footage too. I plan to cap off my trip with a lap around the Cabot Trail.

From what I've seen it looks risky to fly any drones around are area given the winds could drive them over the cliffs and into the ocean, unless there are some good open areas that would be ideal for flying drones.

- Wolf

Cliff.C

Hey Wolf....Ya, we do get alot of wind here....140km winds we get almost every month or 2. What part of N.S. is your friend from? We have some REALLY nice scenery in our neck of the woods for photography...I bought a cheap JJRC drone and then a Bugs 3 and a 4k action camera for it....Just need a calm day now to get some flying time in. Keep intouch.

Scooterwolf

My friend lives in Wolfville. I'm about to buy a new drone as I lost my first one a few weeks ago (crashed into a pond). I'm hoping by this coming Summer I'll be a better pilot and will make the plunge into something better.

Good to know about the wind conditions. I'll have to plan my drone time accordingly.

- Wolf