Afro 20Amp ESC 's will not calibrate in Cleanflight

Stuart Eggerton

Hi, my friend has built a cheap racing quad from a video on youtube from a chap called Bruce, the build has gone well and my friend is not very technically minded so I have been helping to program it in cleanflight. Taranis set up for all controls and arm switch, and modes switch done. All controls produce sliding graphs in the receiver section. The FC is a NAZE 32 10 dof. When we come to do the ESC calibration through the motors page, the master slider is put to max and the power to the quad is applied, the esc's make one beep, then I take the master switch to zero and no beep, when I try the throttles in the motors page they all start but at a value of around 1960 and not 1000, then they reach full speed by about 2000. I know they need calibration but what is stopping them being calibrated?

I have selected on the config page "oneshot125 for the esc protocol is this correct?

Regards

Stuart

Stuart Eggerton

Hi all, I had a look at my settings in cleanflight and I had not ticked the box "Motor PWM speed separated from PID speed" and now all 4 Afro 20A esc's are calibrated! yay. I am new to drones so this is a steep learning curve but glad to have got over this hurdle. Once my friend proves this drone flies I will have a go at making one! We are both novices and I have been practicing on the Realflight 8 simulator so should make things easier!

Hi, my friend has built a cheap racing quad from a video on youtube from a chap called Bruce, the build has gone well and my friend is not very technically minded so I have been helping to program it in cleanflight. Taranis set up for all controls and arm switch, and modes switch done. All controls produce sliding graphs in the receiver section. The FC is a NAZE 32 10 dof. When we come to do the ESC calibration through the motors page, the master slider is put to max and the power to the quad is applied, the esc's make one beep, then I take the master switch to zero and no beep, when I try the throttles in the motors page they all start but at a value of around 1960 and not 1000, then they reach full speed by about 2000. I know they need calibration but what is stopping them being calibrated?

I have selected on the config page "oneshot125 for the esc protocol is this correct?

Regards

Stuart

Hi all, I had a look at my settings in cleanflight and I had not ticked the box "Motor PWM speed separated from PID speed" and now all 4 Afro 20A esc's are calibrated! yay. I am new to drones so this is a steep learning curve but glad to have got over this hurdle. Once my friend proves this drone flies I will have a go at making one! We are both novices and I have been practicing on the Realflight 8 simulator so should make things easier!

I am happy for you, you solved your own problem :)