KAP Jasa

Hi everyone!

Here are some aerial photos taken with a little unusual "drone" - a kite :)

This is intermittent lake Cerknica, Slovenia, now in the process of shrinking and disappearing. Shot with Nikon 1 J1 on a so called "french military" kite.

Hope you like them ... ;)

709bea_06926098e0b348a88f74b52e5b8b20ca~mv2.jpg

709bea_4af86757aa96498ba542f46b88daa25d~mv2.jpg

709bea_81f7c67f6a824c6a90d1623eda969caf~mv2.jpg

ARC308

Dang! Your first picture had some altitude for a kite!! Nice Pics!

In order for me to post aerial photos, I have to cut them from video I have taken. It is not as easy as it sounds.

KAP Jasa

Dang! Your first picture had some altitude for a kite!! Nice Pics!

In order for me to post aerial photos, I have to cut them from video I have taken. It is not as easy as it sounds.

thanks! :)

yeah, we started kite aerial photography with an action cam too and were doing the same, extracting frames ... but even a very stable kite is shaking as hell compared to a software-controlled drone, so the videos were unusable and frames were lo-res, and we switched to a regular camera (a good kite can lift over 5 kg) ...

how about this for an altitude? ;-)

709bea_837383d1bb1640cc8845cfc23007b8be~mv2.jpg

and there is more on our website ... ;-)

Last edited:

KAP Jasa

Please, show us your equipment! Do you uso some kind of FPV?
Awesome pics!

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando o Tapatalk

Thank you! :)

The 'equipment' (apart from the kites) is a rig called "Picavet" that holds the camera and is always in a horizontal position regardless of kite line swaying:

709bea_d67326b0c7f442dbb9919f6d23f5aa17~mv2.jpg

(this is an older version of the rig; the new one has pan-and-tilt frame holding the camera)

We use two cameras, a lighter Canon A810 and a heavier mirrorless Nikon 1 J1 (and occasionally an action cam).

No RC, no FPV - we just point in the general direction of what we want to shoot, turn the intervalometer on, and let the wind do the rest ... ;-)

You can find more about our kite aerial photography gear on our website.

ARC308

WOW! That is amazing! I never thought anyone could take photos like that from a Kite. I have too say, that is Pretty Darn Impressive.

The altitude shots are incredible! If I flew my drone that high with FPV, my nose would bleed! LOL

My hat is off too you! Outstanding!

I can only clip frames from sections where my drone is hovering perfectly still on GPS and Altitude hold without any wind. Also with the Gyro turned off. It is hard to have perfectly still days here in the mountains. Usually when I have a really good day to fly, I have work to do.

If you have watched the short video I posted, the Gyro is on and glitching from side to side. When I clip a frame in those glitches it is slightly blurred.

I am new to all this drone flying, video capture and editing. But gaining knowledge and making improvements. I am waiting on a Foxeer Box to arrive. :)

KAP Jasa

WOW! That is amazing! I never thought anyone could take photos like that from a Kite. I have too say, that is Pretty Darn Impressive.

The altitude shots are incredible! If I flew my drone that high with FPV, my nose would bleed! LOL

My hat is off too you! Outstanding!

I can only clip frames from sections where my drone is hovering perfectly still on GPS and Altitude hold without any wind. Also with the Gyro turned off. It is hard to have perfectly still days here in the mountains. Usually when I have a really good day to fly, I have work to do.

If you have watched the short video I posted, the Gyro is on and glitching from side to side. When I clip a frame in those glitches it is slightly blurred.

I am new to all this drone flying, video capture and editing. But gaining knowledge and making improvements. I am waiting on a Foxeer Box to arrive. :)

Wow ... thanks for this! :)

Yeah, extracting frames is painful and futile ... but on the other hand you can't do (good) videos with a kite - it just shakes and dances too much, and there is very limited control ... :)

ARC308

That is why I have a drone! ;)

I didn't notice the ROPE in the picture from the kite to all the way down where you were until after I posted my last.

Do you have a winch on the front bumper of your vehicle? That is A LOT of rope on your kite!!

I'll bet you have no problem deep sea fishing if you man handle that kite! LOL o_O

KAP Jasa

That is why I have a drone! ;)

I didn't notice the ROPE in the picture from the kite to all the way down where you were until after I posted my last.

Do you have a winch on the front bumper of your vehicle? That is A LOT of rope on your kite!!

I'll bet you have no problem deep sea fishing if you man handle that kite! LOL o_O

:) :) :)

no, no wincher - just two persons, one pulling the kite down and he other reeling back the lline ...