Forum Likes and Dislikes

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It would be interesting for me as a Mod if peeps could post what they most like about the forum and most dislike.

Bart set this up almost a year ago and its been a great community.

I have met and communicated with so many great and interesting people over the last 11 months that I feel I could go anywhere in the world and meet one of you.

The UK/Europe meet was a great success and it was great to meet face to face peeps that had helped me on my long uphill struggle to today.

For me its been a safe haven away from the bickering and censoring of other forums..

So hows it been for you past and present..?

Are the competitions interesting?

What task would you like to see as the next competition?

What would you like to see in the Forum in the next 12 months?

Is there anything that needs to be included or removed?

Whats your favourite link?

Basically what can be done better?

NO HOLDS BARRED

Dave

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think a simple add would be a "next/previous" button for the active forums. Currently if you hit the active tab and the post you are looking for is a day off, you have to search for it.

Stacky

Great forum. The lack of bickering is awesome. My only complaint is the competitions. I know this was mentioned somewhere else but the fact the aerial photo competition wasn't won by someone using a quad etc didn't sit right with me. I didn't bother with the last one simply because it looked to me that it would require a degree of skill I haven't yet got to to be able to complete the task. I know there is room for creativity and fun to offset the technical side but the technical aspect put me off sorry. I really liked the method for finding the winner last time, the name drop from a quad, hope you guys come up with something equally as inventive next time. Apart from that minor worry there are tons of great people on here who's postings have been a huge help even on equipment I don't use. Keep up the great work.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for the replies and thanks for posting the thread Dave. I welcome the input even if it is from Yuri. :)

As for the photo competition, I think you're referring to the Droidworx contest and we didn't have anything to do with that. Is that what you're talking about?

Thanks,
Bart

DennyR

Dave
As always you are on the ball. It is great to see that you have a complete grasp of what is most needed in multirotor activity. As an observation that is based on facts it is clear that what people most need is help and an up to date review of what's hot and what's not. Are competitions really needed? when the interest is not that great in comparison. (Less than 6% bothered to vote in the last contest)
Photo contests are not ever going to be a level playing field when some of the guys here are professional photographers with libraries full of good stuff. That means that most of the people will not bother to become involved unless there is a way in which you can turn it into an exhibition rather than a contest with the focus on how you created the image rather than the image itself (As an example). If voting is to be a part of the idea as a whole then the entrants name would not be disclosed until the end which would add some further interest.

A theme based on the promotion of multirotor flying would be one such task that springs to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Theres a great contest idea!.
Yes Bart you are right its the droidworx effort, sorry for the mix up there.

Emowillcox

Can we really post what we don’t like and not get banned by Bart :cold::upset::black_eyed::dread::highly_amused: ha ha... just kidding.. not much I don’t like, but I do wish when people signed up they had to put where they were from. Other then that this is the first site / forum that I have really enjoyed being apart of. Not sure what it is about some of the others, but its like they are so big you can ask a question and someone will jump on and tell you how that has been answered like 10 times back on pages 214, 78, 56, and also back on page 1... and they I am reading like page 1012 and feel bad for not having the time to read all the pages first before I asked my question.... but really alot of great people on this forum with alot of great knowledge and nice to see for the most part everyone is sharing what they are learning or happy to help. Big thanks to Bart for putting this together. I am sure this site takes alot of time for part and he probably only makes pennies on the hours he spends working and monitor the site.
Hey Droider was that you that said Bart was giving away one of his cars as a prize for the next competition? :highly_amused:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
To all that are reading this I posted this thread coz of a couple of recent instances that made me not want to log on because of what I my have found posted or what I would have had sent as a PM. I hated that.

I joined this forum quite soon after Bart started it and was honoured to be asked by Bart and Ken to join them as a moderator. For a site with over a thousand members it is testament to the way it has progressed over the year and it is a tribute to 99.99% of the members on here that there is still only Bart as Admin and owner and Ken and I as moderators. I feel very protective of that and its a credit to all the members that join to understand why we want to keep it a safe haven from the other more confrontational forums.

With the number of members we are attracting I fully understand there are going to be differences of opinion and the odd clash BUT for the sake of the general membership sometimes its best to accept that we are all individuals and that the odd conflict will happen.. BUT accept it for what it is.... Just a matter of opinion. Step back and accept the fact rather than try and force a point just because thats your view.

Some times a virtual hand shake and a agreement to disagree is the bast way forward.

Sharing is what it is all about.. yes IP is hard won and I dont expect hard earned knowledge to be given freely away but the simple stuff, the stuff that helps a newcomer or a big problem being experienced by a goodly few that may well also help the manufactures of products improve for the greater good of us all should be shared.

I can only try and keep being a moderator as long as it is enjoyable and there is no better feeling than posting something late at night and having a brew in the morning to see just a bit of help has got a copter up and made the owner a happy bunny.. its happens to me on many occasion and with out it I would still be in the shed.

There is a fantastic number of amazingly talented people who are contributing here and sharing info.

PLEASE keep posting your thoughts in here for the good of this great community.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: