My Drone has lost power? (WLtoys v686g)

Barry Kilian

I have problem with my quad.

I bought a WLtoys V686G FPV quad. And it has been flying fine for a few months now.. I also bought an extra battery. I took it for a flight over the weekend and there was a sudden loss of power.

I assumed this to be a battery problem. After inserting a fully charged battery it had no power to take off. it would just hover 1 - 2 feet off the ground.

I tried both of the the batteries and still had the same problem. I also reset the gyro, to make sure it was balanced. Also calibrated the x and y axis's individually and still have the same issue.

I tried the batteries in another quad of mine and the batteries are 100 %.

Any ideas on how i could perhaps fix this or what else i could look at?

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Battery bad, your IR (Internal Resistance is High), will charge but will have very little capacity.

Trevcharl

Battery bad, your IR (Internal Resistance is High), will charge but will have very little capacity.
I just wonder, it must be something in common with all motors, or the drive behind the motors. The latter is hardly likely, as there are separate outputs from the FC to the ESC's. If the Oscillator for the CPU in the FC has dropped in frequency (Bad connection or faulty component) then the frequency presented to the ESC's would be lower too, so the props would spin at a lower speed. I wouldnt try to fix that, its all surface mount stuff, and you need special tools for that and also a circuit diagram. The easier fault to fix is a dry joint on the main supplies to the ESC's. If for instance the XT-60 connector has a bad connection on the wire side of the connector, one could detect a heating effect at that point. One then can either cut and remake that side off again. Check that battery connector, hope it is that, as it is the cheapest and easiest one to fix!

Mike Chevalier

flyandride
At least one motor is worn out. Brushed motors in quads don't last long. The flight controller is doing it's thing keeping the quad flying and compensating for the weak motor.