DJI CrystalSky Bright Daylight Monitor

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone else tried the new CrystalSky Monitor from DJI? Link here: http://amzn.to/2xlB7YB

My buddy has one and said you use this instead of your phone or tablet. Everything runs off this. The biggest advantage is the ultra bright display which DJI says can be easily seen in broad daylight without a shade hood over the screen. He swears by it. Interested to see if everyone else has had same success with it.

I've been using iPad with my Mavic Pro but if this works in bright sunlight better may be a much better solution

Link http://amzn.to/2xlB7YB

I'm interested in the crystal sky but not 100% sure if its worth it. I use a I pad mini now and though its pretty much dedicated to my mavic I can still use it for other tasks. When I was on vacation and away from my main editing computer I could do quick edits with iMovie and its doubles up for a quick check of email or the web when I am travelling. The glare however is a problem, in fact its one of my main complaints about the overall set up of my system. The crystal sky wont allow 3rd party apps which probably isn't a huge deal but I do like the idea that I could use autopilot or litche if I wanted to with my I pad. Does the crystal sky have built in GPS? Mavic GPS is dedicated to the mavic its self and when the home point updates I have to have my I pad tethered to my cell phone in order to verify it on the map.

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested in the crystal sky but not 100% sure if its worth it. I use a I pad mini now and though its pretty much dedicated to my mavic I can still use it for other tasks. When I was on vacation and away from my main editing computer I could do quick edits with iMovie and its doubles up for a quick check of email or the web when I am travelling. The glare however is a problem, in fact its one of my main complaints about the overall set up of my system. The crystal sky wont allow 3rd party apps which probably isn't a huge deal but I do like the idea that I could use autopilot or litche if I wanted to with my I pad. Does the crystal sky have built in GPS? Mavic GPS is dedicated to the mavic its self and when the home point updates I have to have my I pad tethered to my cell phone in order to verify it on the map.

CrystalSky does have GPS/GLONASS. It also has some other things that may prove useful. HDMI, MicroSD card slots on it, micro-usb and usb-c. They also say it is has wifi as well as 4G dongle support.

Like you I have to do same when using my ipad which has to be tethered to iphone for map verification. Good thing I had my phone with me last time in flight when I learned that one!