DJI issue,s

Sebas600

did you de-solder the wires?
had the same problem because a minuscule thread from a wire fell in the solder and shorted the signal

?

like i said before i swapped already a MC and a ESC
so yes i did.
DJI responded and said maybe the esc are not supported , well if the other 3 are running i can understand why M1 won't do the same

?

ok i tried the octo config gets weirder :
Esc 1 WONT work in F1 or F2 but DOES work in M5 and M6
same goes for all other engines

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
nah thats really strange why would M1 send out a different signal thus only on that port the ESCs are not compatible. Really set the thing to Octo and check through all Ports with the same ESC. If it works on all just not on M1 than both units most have something. There is no other explanation !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
which escs are you using, not that i think they might be the reason, just checking if i know that someone else it using the same brand than there would be proof thats its not them

?

nah thats really strange why would M1 send out a different signal thus only on that port the ESCs are not compatible. Really set the thing to Octo and check through all Ports with the same ESC. If it works on all just not on M1 than both units most have something. There is no other explanation !

no esc will work on F1-F2-M1 all others work fine even with different mc,s
the pulse signal is 90 on all ports , i am puzzled here , there is no reason why it does not work.

strangest is if i hook my servo tester between the port and the esc it works fine...

DennyR

I have had a similar experience on one occasion with my WKM. It seemed like the reliability of the controller was not bullet proof after all. Well I was wrong of course, as any problem is always likely to be something else. It turned out to be a bad ESC. Although it worked smoothly with a servo tester it did not with the WKM. The problem was eventually traced to foreign matter from the beach that had found it's way past the shrink wrap and was corroding one of the ESC FET's The servo tester does not change the us signal fast enough to see the problem.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
if you find the time to double check just hook up a herkules with that i has to work, since it does for me, than you will have assurance if its the ESCs or not.

no esc will work on F1-F2-M1 all others work fine even with different mc,s
the pulse signal is 90 on all ports , i am puzzled here , there is no reason why it does not work.

strangest is if i hook my servo tester between the port and the esc it works fine...

Try to reset the esc and redo throttle calibration. Also try to trim the throttle channel to see if the esc arms.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Swap out the control module and see if it works then, if so that module is bad, if it doesn't then it has to be one of the non-DJI components.

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
He already swapped the mc and has the same problem only on certain ports like m1 also tested with same brand but different escs on that port and ESCs that work on the other ports. Strange one !

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
He already swapped the mc and has the same problem only on certain ports like m1 also tested with same brand but different escs on that port and ESCs that work on the other ports. Strange one !

In that case I'd swap the RX and possibly go as far as trying a different TX as well.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave if that happens, then you need to re-calibrate you ESC.

Thanks Denny Ill give that a try tomorrow in the shed! Why in the shed coz its way to windy to try it out side... GRRR another weekend with the ropes over the shed roof to stop me landing in Cyprus.. mmm may be I should take the ropes off and come to one of your foam parties! ;-)

Ta

Dave