Futaba Guru?! - Creating Variable Endpoints on a Dial

Hi There

We’re using a Futaba TX to control a DJI Hexacopter.

I’m trying to set a dial (RD for example) so that we can control the maximum speed of the aircraft on the fly (AIL for example). Effectively ‘clamping’ the velocity, but being able to adjust the clamp in the air.

The idea I had was to somehow programme the transmitter so that the RD dial varies the Ailerons’s endpoints...

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I’ve tired assigning a switch to control dual rate, which almost works, but this only gives me 2 speed rates, rather than being variable.

Any ideas and suggestions much appreciated!

Adam

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
OK so one way is if you put your model in Multirotor model type than you can go to the dual rate screen and then use RD as your switch. You will have to set D/R 1 and D/R 2 etc to have multipoint dual rate. You don't want to change endpoint but instead use dual rates. But all that will do is change the dual rate not affect the endpoints.

Update- looking at this again I do not see anyway you can affect the endpoint on the fly other than setting a dual rate.

Andy POst

OK so one way is if you put your model in Multirotor model type than you can go to the dual rate screen and then use RD as your switch. You will have to set D/R 1 and D/R 2 etc to have multipoint dual rate. You don't want to change endpoint but instead use dual rates. But all that will do is change the dual rate not affect the endpoints.

Update- looking at this again I do not see anyway you can affect the endpoint on the fly other than setting a dual rate.
Well...I found a possible method, but it's a bit quirky. I assigned an open channel to AUX4 and assigned the left lever to AUX4. Then I did a custom mix between AUX4 and Throttle. It does just what it's supposed to do, but I haven't smoothed it out yet. If I set it up to decrease the throttle more and more the farther you slide the slider, then of course if you have it all the way forward, then throttling DOWN is that much more dramatic as well. To the point you could just toss it on the ground. So I set the switch that activates the mix to be the throttle itself, so if the throttle is below 50% then the mix is null. I'm working on a way to smooth out the response, as right now when I monitor the Servo's you can see the throttle come down then jump around a bit when it gets near 50%. Like it can't seem to decide who's on first. Know what I mean?