F450 jerky in flight

ARK

I took my new F450 build out for its maiden flight and noticed with 100% Elevator the quad jerks periodically. Here is a video:

Any ideas for troubleshooting? Thanks,

ARK

How would I determine if there was FC vibrations?

I have a Naza V2 mounted directly to the DJI F450 frame. I suppose I could add some dampening between FC/frame and retry.

hjls3

if you are using bullet connectors and DJI motor ESCs Id suspect the solder at bullet connector -

XNS

I took my new F450 build out for its maiden flight and noticed with 100% Elevator the quad jerks periodically. Here is a video:

Any ideas for troubleshooting? Thanks,
I'd start with listing to everything that is mounted on your craft as vibration can come from multiple areas.
But listening to your clip it sounds like something is (tweaked out) between the motors and the props, they don't sound to well up there.
I'd remove the props and balance them or recheck the balance and rebalance them if necessary.
Make sure all screws are secure including the motor to motor mount screws with thread lock blue.
While the props are off fire it up on the bench, arm it and listen for any odd sounds.
Whiles the motors are spinning at high speed tilt it forward and backward. The Naza will compensate.

Listing your parts and the settings you have helps others help you faster. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

sledge57

Are you positive the copter is jerky and not the gimbal? My Iris + had a similar issue but it was the gimbal jerking up and down. That said it doesn't sound good in the air.....