Lost in a corn field...

Jeep

My third flight experience with my second day out of the box Hubsan X4 H107C was a real challenge! I let the drone get a little too far away for my vision and could not control it. I decided to set her down in the harvested corn field I was over at the time. The drone must of hit something sticking up while landing that made it land upside down. It took me over 20 minutes to find the drone! On the positive side I got 20+ minutes of video of an upside down corn field... ha ha ha!

Question #1: Is there someway to electronically locate a downed drone?
Question #2: I am very interested in getting practice with a flight simulator. Ideally I would use the same transmitter to practice with that I will be using with my Drones. Is there something like that out there?

F

fengshuidrone

That is not really a big enough quad to be flying outside at long ranges. I think a 300 meter range would be sorta high side on it. Those little Hubsans are probably more indoors flying oriented. Question 1 I would answer yes, there are devices sold to help you find a downed drone, but I don't think they make one that small. I can't help you with your second question at all.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
My third flight experience with my second day out of the box Hubsan X4 H107C was a real challenge! I let the drone get a little too far away for my vision and could not control it. I decided to set her down in the harvested corn field I was over at the time. The drone must of hit something sticking up while landing that made it land upside down. It took me over 20 minutes to find the drone! On the positive side I got 20+ minutes of video of an upside down corn field... ha ha ha!

Question #1: Is there someway to electronically locate a downed drone?
Question #2: I am very interested in getting practice with a flight simulator. Ideally I would use the same transmitter to practice with that I will be using with my Drones. Is there something like that out there?

the RealFlight Drone sim works great but you pretty much have to use the controller that comes with the software. it isn't such a bad rc controller compared to the crappy one they used to include.

downed heli's can be located a number of different ways....there are dog type gps beepers, beepers that actuate when you turn off your RC transmitter (loss of signal)...those are just a couple that come to mind but i don't think you'll be able to wire in a beeper with your Hubsan quad. maybe a chip type locator that links to your cell phone would be worth looking into?