Droiders WMK F460 frame build

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just started putting my F460 frame together..

First impressions.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Eh up...was passing yours yesterday on my way to B`scgh Rewinds.,bobbed in for my coolbox ,but you were out again! ;)

Catch up with you later,will phone first to make an appointment.

Nice frame that.looks solid.

Tahoe Ed

Thanks, George. I have one on its way to me from Heliguy. My distributor will not be selling them quite yet and they were offered free only to new purchasers. I looking forward to using it as my sport/fpv quad.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So she is built and up and flying great..What a fabulous little MR she is PERFECT for very quick deployment eith the GoPro for fast survey work..All I need now is the GoPro 2 for better picture quality and this little beauty will become part of my toolbox.

Build
WMK 450 frame
WKM-FC
HobbyWing pentium esc's 25amp (way to big but I had them)
TorxPower (2217/20 equivalents)
Graupner 10x5 electro props
Spektum DX8 TX
Spektrum AR8000 RX
Overlander 2200mah 3 cell batteries
GoPro HD
36 superbright LED's
3 Ultrabright LED's

I get 7 mins flight time in hover with 1 battery
13 mins flight time with 2 x 2200mah

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

rwilabee

Looks great on the ground and in the air. Like the led lights. I would be nice if they sold a GoPro 2 camera only but I only see it with all the mounting stuff.

Rich

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I'm liking that little airframe Dave. Might just have to get one when they are available to add to the fleet!

Gunter.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
I just posted this in another thread

just a thought

if you were to buy two f450 frames

make your own center hub

you could make a hex or even an octo

i know the foot print wouldnt that great

then again all depends how you build the hub i supose

virtualy indestructable quad , hex ,octo

just an idea

keith

Tahoe Ed

I just posted this in another thread

just a thought

if you were to buy two f450 frames

make your own center hub

you could make a hex or even an octo

i know the foot print wouldnt that great

then again all depends how you build the hub i supose

virtualy indestructable quad , hex ,octo

just an idea

keith

You mean something like this?

View attachment 1780

Sidney posted this a few days ago on RCG. Nice little frame. I have one of the F450 frames with another one coming, I guess I could make either a Hexa or an Octo. I am hoping that DJI sells the components to the Frames at some future date.

Attachments

• DJI Hexa.jpg
    DJI Hexa.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 413

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
Thats the idea

saw something simlar looked like the xaircraft but looked all one piece the pic i see wasnt that great

universal frames etc

you could start out with quad then just upgrade using your origonal frame arms maybe even motors and escs

plug and play multi-rotors

keith

GGoodrum

Yes, the new XA hexa frame can be found here: http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-2120/Xaircraft-Hexa-Frame-carbon/Detail.

Although the DJI F450 and the XA 450 framesets look very similar, they are not quite the same. Even the arms are a bit different. the XA hexa uses the same X450 arms.

CNCHelicopters has a pretty nifty combo kit for $700 that includes upgraded motors, upgraded ESCs, a connection harness, 10" props and the impressive MC6500PRO 2-axis mount. this would make for a very nice Naza platform, I think.

-- Gary

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
From what you can see

the ends of the arms where the motors mount have different fixings etc and the legs are missing

apart from that they look like they could almost have come from the same mould with a few tweeks

has anyone got both frames

just to see if the inner end which connects to the hub have same or simlar bolt spacings if so could even mix and match

keith

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Geoff at QC.co.uk has both. I should get some pics today of two completed builds 1 X450 and 1 XA hexa

Dave