Mikrokopter Crash after 0.86d firmware update

ovdt

Hello guys,

After upgrading to 0.86d firmware, I went to beach to try new firmware and settings.

My first session was 3 minutes long and I was impressed how my Y6 flew. Actually I was a bit skeptical after reading all crash topics after the 0.86d firmware upgrade.

After second take off, there was a strange uncontrolled yaw. ( The copter yawed by itself). I corrected the yaw by stick inputs and decided to land it. While trying to land, the uncontrolled yaw happened for the second time. But I wasn't fast enough the correct the movement so it crashed to the sand.

Only the landing gear was broken. And there were plenty of sand in the motors. It took a lot of time to get rid of the sand.

Probably I'm going to revert back to 0.84 firmware. The GPX file is here:

http://www.bascek.com/yuklemeler/mk/crash.gpx

I couldn't see abnormalities but I don't have much experience inspecting GPX files.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I has simmilar last night also.. I was testing my ADX3 HL fully loaded. 2 x 5000amp packs and my 550D. First flight was no problem, plenty of power and great stability. I was conserned about the high BL temps being reported which seems to be an issue with the 86d firmware. After hovering for about 5 mins some BL's were at 112ºc. I landed and put an inferred thermometer on them and the highest temp I could find was 68ºc.. I againbhovered for 5 mins with out the dome on and when the temps got hight again I stuck my finger on the fets.. Bit of a daft thing to do coz if the Fets where at the reported 118ºc I would have had a fried fingertip but they went that hot and again checking with the IRT I cld find nothing above 68ºc.

So I stuck her up again.. and ignored the hi temps BUT at 12 mins in she started to yaw so I corrected.. and again and again.. I thought that the BL's may going into phased shut down because of the high temps so Igave her gas to try a climb out and ahhh WHAT A YAW!.. I managed to land and let the BL's cool down then tried a quick hover and a climb out..NO mither stright up like an arrow, BL's at about 80ºc.. let them get hot again and the yaw came back..

I have emailed MK and posted on the MK forum in a topic started by Dimitris straight after the upgrade

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-28456-3.html

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I couldn't see abnormalities but I don't have much experience inspecting GPX files.

Seems fine to me.. BL temps OK nice and low.. can you check your repoted temps against the file/ like strp it down and put her a hover gas and watch the BL temps on your Jeti and see what you get

Dave

ovdt

Hello Dave,

I'm following the topic you mentioned, it's totaly weird. krleas from kopterworx had a crash with 0.86d too.

I'd like to do the tests but, I lost my confidence with the new firmware. Probably I'm going to revert back to 0.84 today, because on wednesday I've two APV work to finish. Afterwards, I can try further.

Last edited by a moderator: