DJI Phantom 3 Professional Owners' Thread

Hey Sleepy,
I m on a trip to Svalbard, North Norway, really remote!Im having a look at small chopers to take one up with me, do you recomend the P3 pro? Is the 4k any advantage over the P3 1080?

Mat
I 've had one for a while now and it's been very good all round. The go-to machine when all else fails....
It has one problem though. it does not take the upgrades, I really don't mind that too much because it does what I need without the risk of fixing what aint broke.

I had one of the first ones and only some people had this problem. It is a great little machine for the money. There are some complicated work arounds with button pulses that can trigger it into upload action, but I am quite happy with the way it is now. In comparison to the cost of the Inspire, I would have to say it has been a very worthwhile investment.

matwelli

unless of course you're going to chop it up and make a v-tail tri-copter out of it, in which case, carry on.
a little bit of me just died inside.
Ouch ! haha, it took me quite a while to convince myself to buy one, but being a camera operator on a friends inspire (he is the left most guy with beanie on, im the one with the hat and the carl zeiss cinemizers on - time for a selfie while filming motorcorss bikes coming down the jump at the inspire) - I got to see how integrated the whole system is...and compared to my APM machine, using 2.4 link for the control system, 433 mhz for telemetry and 5.8ghz for video feed, and no way to control the camera settings/recording etc, the Phantom made sense as a machine I can use anytime i need to get a photo/video done.

I might have to convert it to a bicopter just to rekindle Barts hopes and dreams !

View attachment 26920

Attachments

• camera guys.png
    camera guys.png
    407.4 KB · Views: 288

matwelli

Mat
I 've had one for a while now and it's been very good all round. The go-to machine when all else fails....
It has one problem though. it does not take the upgrades, I really don't mind that too much because it does what I need without the risk of fixing what aint broke.
Yea, thats my plan, a reliable machine for getting the job done :)

FerdinandK

@matwell
Just to be precise, it is me on the bicyle controlling the P3 via follow me, so the remote control was within a range of about 100m all the time, so not really long range.

best regards
Ferdinand

deluge2

@matwell
Just to be precise, it is me on the bicyle controlling the P3 via follow me, so the remote control was within a range of about 100m all the time, so not really long range.

best regards
Ferdinand
Very interesting additional information. I had no idea that was via Follow-Me mode. You might consider editing your post with the video to mention that it was filmed using follow-me mode.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
Very interesting additional information. I had no idea that was via Follow-Me mode. You might consider editing your post with the video to mention that it was filmed using follow-me mode.
I wanted to see you make the turn at the T intersection at the speed you were running

FerdinandK

Very nice video. How many flights, batteries and over what period of time did this take?
Two flights a 18min. I was cycling to the airfield and did some flying there (first battery), since no one else was there (for an experience exchange :D) I was cycling back home taking another route (second battery). Overall it was no longer than one hour (cutting and editing took some more time).

best regards
Ferdinand

Av8Chuck

looking at the number of shots and amount of footage it almost looks like you did this over a couple of days, but your wearing the same clothes and the weather is the same so I kind of knew it was accomplished in one shoot.

When you think how far all of this has come that's pretty impressive.