GoPro Clone, SJ5000 by SJCAM

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
has anyone tried one of these cameras yet? there's a discount code floating around, they're about $150. they do 1080p, 60fps video which is their main advantage over similarly priced GoPro cameras. but if the quality of the video is crappy then it's not much of an advantage.

curious..

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
specs from the Banggood.com listing

Descriptions:

Ambarella A7LS Image Processor
16.0MP Sony Exmor R BSI CMOS image sensor,F2.8 aperture and with 155°wide angle
40m Waterproof Depth
40m waterproof sport DV, especially design for extreme sports’ shooting
Wireless Connection
Built-in WiFi and bluetooth 4.0 function, quick connection and real-time preview
HD Video Recording
Adopted H.264 video decoding, capture in 1080p 60fps, 960P/60,48 fps, 720P/120,60,48 fps
Super battery capacity
Equipped with 1010mAh detachable battery
Other features
The porous shell design protects from overheating; Supports max up to class10 64GB TF Card
Net weight: 72 g / 2.54 oz
Size: 61 x 22 x 42 mm / 2.4 x 0.87 x 1.65 inch

the GoPro 3+ weighs 74g

I bought several sj4000 cameras from infinity hobby, I use them for shooting B-roll footage and sketchy shoots the may ruin a camera.

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=10770

The specs are not as good as the one you listed above (1080 /30fps, 720/60fps) and this model does not have WiFi but they work well and they were only $80.00.
The video screen on the back is small, but it makes lining up a shot and going through the menu easy...once you figure out how to get it out of its native Chinese language.
It won't work on the Zenmuse H3 2d gimbal because of the video screen it doesn't have the rear multi-pin connector and it won't work on the Zenmuse H3 3d gimbal (if you want a video downlink) because that uses a mini USB connector and these cameras have a micro USB on them. I was thinking of making some type of adaptor I just haven't tried it yet. The camera is a little thicker than a Go Pro so on my handheld gimbal I needed longer thumb screws, but it worked.

WARNING: there are clones of these clones!
A few weeks ago I bought another sj4000 with WiFi a 16 gig card and spare battery from amazon for $80.00 that claimed to have great specs, it sounded like a great deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7O05VU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This camera has a very limited menu and only shoots 1080/30fps and 720/30fps
It does have WiFi and there is an app to control it, not as nice as the go-pro app but it works.

There are several companies making cameras and calling them sj4000 or sj5000 it doesn't mean they all the same.

barry jones

I bought several sj4000 cameras from infinity hobby, I use them for shooting B-roll footage and sketchy shoots the may ruin a camera.

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=10770

The specs are not as good as the one you listed above (1080 /30fps, 720/60fps) and this model does not have WiFi but they work well and they were only $80.00.
The video screen on the back is small, but it makes lining up a shot and going through the menu easy...once you figure out how to get it out of its native Chinese language.
It won't work on the Zenmuse H3 2d gimbal because of the video screen it doesn't have the rear multi-pin connector and it won't work on the Zenmuse H3 3d gimbal (if you want a video downlink) because that uses a mini USB connector and these cameras have a micro USB on them. I was thinking of making some type of adaptor I just haven't tried it yet. The camera is a little thicker than a Go Pro so on my handheld gimbal I needed longer thumb screws, but it worked.

WARNING: there are clones of these clones!
A few weeks ago I bought another sj4000 with WiFi a 16 gig card and spare battery from amazon for $80.00 that claimed to have great specs, it sounded like a great deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S7O05VU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This camera has a very limited menu and only shoots 1080/30fps and 720/30fps
It does have WiFi and there is an app to control it, not as nice as the go-pro app but it works.

There are several companies making cameras and calling them sj4000 or sj5000 it doesn't mean they all the same.

I got the sj5000 and was wondering if you got the sj4000 to work with the H3 3d gimbal.

The sj4000 I have will fit in the gimbal and work fine if you're not using FPV. If you could find a small mini to micro USB adapter to connect the H3 2d to the camera you would be all set, I just haven't found one yet.

I picked up the sjcam sj5000+ a few weeks ago, nice camera except it's a little bit larger than the sj4000 and the GoPro so it will not fit in the
H3 2d, H3 3d, or my hand held gimbal. Kind of a bummer because it has better specs than the sj4000

barry jones

The sj4000 I have will fit in the gimbal and work fine if you're not using FPV. If you could find a small mini to micro USB adapter to connect the H3 2d to the camera you would be all set, I just haven't found one yet.

I picked up the sjcam sj5000+ a few weeks ago, nice camera except it's a little bit larger than the sj4000 and the GoPro so it will not fit in the
H3 2d, H3 3d, or my hand held gimbal. Kind of a bummer because it has better specs than the sj4000

I bought a micro usb to micro adaptor of ebay. but does not give me any video. not sure why.