XAircraft XAircraft Mini X - MRF’s Got One!

Zirt57

Thanks Jeff, I too find it hard to comprehend what is meant, if cutting thrust doesn't turn off the motors what does? do they wait until the battery runs down :D:D

X
Yeah, no kidding. I'm not going near a multirotor with the motors spinning. I like my fingers where they are.

Jeff

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

mediaguru

Got my MiniX H4 Alien quad flying, after a slight problem with motor wiring. Those pesky Y motor wires got me. Cost me two props.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
That is awesome... great for a different part of the market. I love that the SX is aluminum... just makes it look/feel much higher quality.

Aerovideo

I haven't done extensive testing but I have noticed a couple of things that I think others have mentioned. GPS lock is faster on my MiniX than on either of my SuperX FC's, plus I have more satellites from the same location, my backyard :). That's got to be a plus!

The vibration readings of the MiniX are a lot higher. Direct FC swap and the MiniX records almost double the vibration levels, yikes! Maybe that aluminum case on the SuperX helps? Although it doesn't seem to affect the flight characteristics at all. Maybe just a more sensitive vibration sensor?

I don't really chop the throttle all the way while flying so I can't speak to that behavior but flight characteristics of manual mode seem the same or similar to me.

I really like the small form factor and the LED in the GPS puck, nice touch.

It may have cheaper components inside but it seems to be on par or even a bit better than my Super X as far as GPS lock goes anyway.

It will be interesting to see if/when they release the downlink add on for the MiniX, if they'll give any add on love to the SuperX.

Paul

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I am having a hard time to get my minix tuned to a 200mm frame. No matter what I do it is "almost" at the point of vibrating. It's like the proper tune lives between what is available. If I go to 1.0 it's way to loose so I crank the "gain knob" all the way up and it gets close. so I go to 1.1 and it vibrates violently so I crank the tune know down... but it's not enough....

Also I have 4 SuperX's flying on a pile of rigs and have no problem tuning them!

Aerovideo

That's weird, haven't encountered that. Maybe the MiniX is more susceptible to vibrations after all?

Although I don't have a frame that small, been meaning to get one though.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That's weird, haven't encountered that. Maybe the MiniX is more susceptible to vibrations after all?

Although I don't have a frame that small, been meaning to get one though.

This is a turd frame, just wood sticks and the flitetest anyhub, but it seems really stiff... maybe too small?

DannyC

Hi. I have a MiniX also. I had a crash and it seemed as though the quad lost a signal from my radio. I checked the blackbox file and the Flight Mode went from GPS to Manual at the time of my crash when I was about 12 meters up.
http://log.xaircraft.cn/report.htm#2015_04_05_101251.335_36.3.02.24

The flight before the crash, it changed to manual mode 3 times and I didn't know it. I know for a fact I didn't touch the toggle switch that changes the flight mode. See link below.
http://log.xaircraft.cn/report.htm#2015_04_05_101251.335_36.2.04.11

Is this normal?

mediaguru

DannyC I don't like reading this. In my SuperX bird I've had two "mysterious" switches to manual where the bird dropped. Fortunately both times my hex recovered before splatting on the ground.

I just crashed a MiniX based 680, also when I unknowingly switched to manual. BUT I do believe that one was a real mistake on my part. After the crash I did see that my mode switch was on manual.

Since these events I've put a vocal cue on my Taranis which speaks the mode switch to me, that way if I do accidentally switch to manual it says "manual mode."

DannyC

I ordered a crash kit so I will monitor it closely when I put it back up in the air. I'm not sure what to do if the flight mode keeps changing......

CryBaby

Based on SleepyC's recommendation I've ordered a MiniX. I'm building a Tarot 680PRO. Now I'm reading about the problems you guys are having with the unit. Does anyone here really know if the MiniX can handle the hex motors with this size frame. I haven't received the order yet and am about to cancel the order. Does anyone have an answer? I don't need problems on my first build.