Wookong Cyan LED Flashes

gringers

Preoccupied
Hi All,

Been flying a couple of wookongs on different craft without issues until yesterday.

Then, all of a sudden, about 15 secs after plugging in batteries, I got 2 bursts of 3 quick cyan flashes (a total of 6 flashes with a small pause in the middle). 15 seconds later I got the usual rapid green flashes and the cyan flashes didin't appear again. I power cycled 4 or 5 times and each time got the same pattern of cyan bursts prior to the normal green.

Although the cyan LED colour is the same as POI uses, it's not as many flashes as POI and as mentioned, I've not seen this behaviour before on either of my wookong craft.

As I didn't know what it was 'saying', I didn't fly and brought it home where it happened again 3 or 4 more power cycles before I suddenly got the yellow/green compass error flashes on one power cycle.

Finally, having power cycled yet again, the yellow/green disappeared (without a compass calibration) and it seems, so have the bursts of 3 cyan flashes.....

:baffled:

TIA to anyone who can shed any light on this....don't want to fly again without knowing what it means!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Have you recently updated the firmware? The newest firmware flashes a few extra purple flashes when within 10m of the home point.

gringers

Preoccupied
Have you recently updated the firmware? The newest firmware flashes a few extra purple flashes when within 10m of the home point.

Hey Ben, yeah I'm on 5.26 but have been for a while and yes, I'm used to seeing those home point purples. This was definitely different and definitely cyan rather than purple or failsafe blue. I took a video of it but it turned out so garbage, you can't make out the colour although you can see the three flash-pause-three flash.

FWIW, here's the link.

I can't find any reference whatsoever to two bursts of three cyan blinks anywhere on t'internet which in itself has me worried!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hmmm, honestly, it's probably normal. Try re-calibrating the compass again and check the responses in the assistant program.

Cyan is blue isn't it? Maybe a faulty LED (they combine a few colours within the LED). Does purple and blue still work? How about green?

gringers

Preoccupied
Yeah, all other LED colours work as normal. Cyan's like a light blue (at least that's what I think it's called!) Same as the colour for POI indicators. Everything works as normal in the Assistant too.

Just a bit weird it suddenly appeared for 8 or 9 power cycles, then suddenly yellow green compass error, (which I've also never had before incidentally) and then they both disappear on the next power cycle without me doing anything at all.

I hate unexplained sh*t but yeah will do a compass calibration and guess I just have to keep an eye on it :(

btw, have you had any/many of the compass error warnings? If so, have you just recalibrated and got on with it?