DJI Product Repair Delays 5 "Weeks and Counting"

fsolanes

After assembling my new hex and experiencing some trouble with my H3-3D Gimbal / A2 System I contacted DJI Support. They suspected I may have defective hardware so the phone technician sent me an RMA. He suggested the process upon receiving the hardware would take approximately 4 week to return. He explained that those parts are rarely repaired and that I would receive an email once they checked my parts in to their system and then likely ship me new replacement parts.
Anxious to have my equipment back I paid for next day Shipping from Toronto Canada with tracking. The package was delivered on August 6. Since then I have yet to receive any email regarding my RMA. After 3 Weeks I decided to contact them to see if indeed they had my $2K in hardware. The phone technician said they had some delays but surely in the coming days I would get my awaited email at the very least acknowledging they where starting to look at my hardware.
Nothing,
I opened a support ticket requesting an update. Ticket was closed the next day with a response "We are experiencing delays" or something to that extent

Im posting to see if others have experienced the same level of service or lack their of?
Frustrated that this is what they offer those that spend so much on their products..

rilot

My experience is that it's easier and cheaper (in terms of time) just just bin the defective product and buy another.

kloner

Aerial DP
for such a big company with such big profits they sure don't invest much in keeping it that way. If a company gave them half an effort to displace there pressence they'd fall off the end of the globe. it's like they know they can't fix it cause it's so fubard from the get go

After assembling my new hex and experiencing some trouble with my H3-3D Gimbal / A2 System I contacted DJI Support.

I'm not a wealthy man but, after having similar experiences with some Chinese companies,
I basically consider anything I buy from them to be, sad to say, disposable. :upset:

fsolanes

It truly is sad and frustrating to see the replies confirming that my case in not an isolated incident. Im way over my "hobby" budget on this purchase and although thats not their problem it would be nice to see they placed an once of value to their customers.
In a Drone market that is obviously exploding at the seems with growth you'd think they would be interested in keeping their reputation un tarnished.
Unfortunately this is likely caused by the quick growth and management clearly does not understand how to deal with it.
I hope I hear back from them soon..

Tahoe Ed

After assembling my new hex and experiencing some trouble with my H3-3D Gimbal / A2 System I contacted DJI Support. They suspected I may have defective hardware so the phone technician sent me an RMA. He suggested the process upon receiving the hardware would take approximately 4 week to return. He explained that those parts are rarely repaired and that I would receive an email once they checked my parts in to their system and then likely ship me new replacement parts.
Anxious to have my equipment back I paid for next day Shipping from Toronto Canada with tracking. The package was delivered on August 6. Since then I have yet to receive any email regarding my RMA. After 3 Weeks I decided to contact them to see if indeed they had my $2K in hardware. The phone technician said they had some delays but surely in the coming days I would get my awaited email at the very least acknowledging they where starting to look at my hardware.
Nothing,
I opened a support ticket requesting an update. Ticket was closed the next day with a response "We are experiencing delays" or something to that extent

Im posting to see if others have experienced the same level of service or lack their of?
Frustrated that this is what they offer those that spend so much on their products..

What was your ticket number and I can research it. Please PM me with your name, email and ticket number.

fsolanes

Just thought I would provide an update, those that had suggested that DJI Repair support process is in desperate need of repair, well now I believe it. My original Package shipped and delivered on August 6. On Sept 12 DJI updated my ticket to "Product Checked in to System"
now sitting on October 1st and still no updates or Parts. Summer in Toronto is short and unfortunately it looks like i wont be Flying my hex this Year. Even worse is I had planned a vacation to take it with me but without being able to assemble and test it looks like thats out of the question.
VERY Disappointed.

jfro

Aerial Fun
With Amazon getting into the game and their guarantees, maybe they will own the market if they back up what they sell.

Mojave

Thanks again for you support Tahoe ed.

[MENTION=736]Tahoe Ed[/MENTION]; is there anyway that we can find out how many units that DJI sells here in the US? I would like some perspective on how much business they do. A link would be great.

Part of me thinks that with all I hear about DJI products, on this forum, DJI must really need to get their customer service dept. in order. Then on the other hand if they are selling tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands (or more) units then the forum problems may have a disporponiate representation of folks that have problems with their DJI products. I wonder what is true.

Regardless I appreciate your work here (and your grace under pressure), still I do wish DJI customer service was a bit better here in the US. Especially with the prosumer and professional side of the business.

Ronan

@Tahoe Ed; is there anyway that we can find out how many units that DJI sells here in the US? I would like some perspective on how much business they do. A link would be great.

Part of me thinks that with all I hear about DJI products, on this forum, DJI must really need to get their customer service dept. in order. Then on the other hand if they are selling tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands (or more) units then the forum problems may have a disporponiate representation of folks that have problems with their DJI products. I wonder what is true.

Regardless I appreciate your work here (and your grace under pressure), still I do wish DJI customer service was a bit better here in the US. Especially with the prosumer and professional side of the business.

I don't have numbers but they sell a LOT. Every time I have a chat with large dealers, they have a hard time keeping DJI product in stock. The returns aren't nearly as high as we think, the internet blows it out of proportion. Heck even the infamous DJI sucks thread only has a few people constantly complaining vs a lot with no problems.

Tahoe Ed

I don't have numbers but they sell a LOT. Every time I have a chat with large dealers, they have a hard time keeping DJI product in stock. The returns aren't nearly as high as we think, the internet blows it out of proportion. Heck even the infamous DJI sucks thread only has a few people constantly complaining vs a lot with no problems.

I don't know and DJI is not telling. But you are right the dealers are moving a lot of product out the doors. My guess is that you are seeing a vocal few not a mass majority.

Tahoe Ed

Thanks again for you support Tahoe ed.

Your unit will be repaired this week and returned to you. I apologize for the delays. While DJI is now at 50 employees in LA the challenge of support and repairs continue to lead them forward.