Zenmuse GH4 Owners thread

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I wouldn't worry about it. My old Zen has done that for a year, I barely notice it and it rarely happens at a critical time.

If you PM Tahoe Ed he may have a fix for you. :02.47-tranquillity:

Tahoe Ed

hi,
i have read in this thread about sometimes jumping of the gh4. i tokk videos today and have the same issue. about every 6 to 10 minutes thers a movement in the yaw. is there allteady a solve of the problem or do i have to return the gimbal?

thanks

We are working on a Beta right now. I would wait for a short time. I believe that a solution is at hand shortly.

Engan01

"A short while".......is that days, weeks or months? :) I bet DJI are working on a 2.0 version. Just hoping they will release it soon, since I sent back my first to the reseller....don't know how long time I will be able to wait..

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Can anyone tell me if the shutter control will work with still photos? I read elsewhere that it doesn't, but looking at the manual it appears that it will. I'm considering an S900 combo...

Also, any word on Captain Kangaroo's question? I'd like to use an Immersion VTX as well rather than have to use DJI's OSD...

ebeez

OK. Finally got my GH4 gimbal to use with my Lumix GH4. Been searching the forums to see what the settings should be on the camera so I can get a picture through the video rx/tx. Right now it is scrambled.. any help on the settings for the camera would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

scotth

Best to d/l the thick manual and do a ton of shooting with that camera on the ground. There are a LOT of settings worth considering. What do you mean by scrambled? Are you using SD downlink or Lightbridge/Paralinx?

ebeez

hi scotth. I am ok with the camera its the video signal I am receiving. I am reading the setting on the video out should be in 1080 i for sd? do you know what bit rate?

scotth

The GH4 will only output a 1080p signal.... As far as bit rate, it doesn't matter what bit rate you are recording, the down-converted output is 1080p uncompressed.

ebeez

thanks scotth. Are there any other setting that I need to check? The display almost looks like its PAL?

ebeez

Best to d/l the thick manual and do a ton of shooting with that camera on the ground. There are a LOT of settings worth considering. What do you mean by scrambled? Are you using SD downlink or Lightbridge/Paralinx?

Weird.. I just reset my setting on my monitor and all is fine now. Thanks for the responses though

apsussex

Anyone else having issues with the shutter cable not working.. or being intermittant on the Zenmuse HD Gh4 Gimbal?

Seen an post be Tahoe Ed elsewhere that suggests its a known problem ?

Have been going crazy trying to figure out why my shutter wasn`t being triggered. Glad I found this thread, I have mine wired directly from the Zenmuse to a 7008SB, have PM`d Tahoe Ed so hopefully he will be able to come to the rescue :D.

Also my GH4 hits the top of the gimbal next to the rear dial on initialization so for now have put a bit of protection there to stop any damage. Also it falls to one side when switched off so obviously not balanced, but great tips in this thread though to balance the gimbal!! Will try to balance tommorow when I am more awake!!

snurre

Considering to buy my first Zenmuse shortly.
I currently own a GH3 and probably I will upgrade to GH4 in the future (but it may take a while).

Questions:
- Will the GH4 gimbal work fine with a GH3?
Or what issues might I run into doing this?

Tom

sguarch

We placed a GH3 on the GH4 gimbal, everything works fine except when we switched out the cable for the HDMI, DJI made it nearly impossible to take out, so it ended up ripping, the new cable is about $50 dollars.

Tahoe Ed

We placed a GH3 on the GH4 gimbal, everything works fine except when we switched out the cable for the HDMI, DJI made it nearly impossible to take out, so it ended up ripping, the new cable is about $50 dollars.

I have swapped several of them and never managed to damage a cable. 4 screws, remove a foam cover and unplug. Plug the new cable in, replace the foam and put the cover back on. Maybe I am missing something in your post or had an exceptional experience in changing out the HDMI cable.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
thats a tough one if your not running lightbridge id just run your gh4 on a gh3 gimbal...

Will the GH3 version fly the GH4 with the 12mm lens?
My HDMi is screwed on my GH3 zen anyways so I just calibrate the gimbal and plug in an external HDMI and run a converter on the rig. (it limits continuous more than 360 deg pan, but my cam op and I almost never need that)

I have a job coming up where they want me to fly a GH4 and I don;t want to fly my Movi M5 right now as I am doing a TON of handheld work and I don;t want to risk it.