Zenmuse GH4 Owners thread

scotth

"I cannot afford to give DJI my gimbal for 4 months (to be fixed)!!!!"

Just do like I did with my GH3 gimbal.. buy three of them and return the two that will be dead out of the box.

Quick question about the AV cable...

On the GH3 version you had 3 wires. 1 for video, 1 for ground and 1 for power.

Either i'm missing something or is there no power anymore? Its a real pain if not as i don't want to plug into the IOSD. I'd rather just go straight into my immersionRC transmitter - Which needs power!

gsp

Just got my Z15 HD and having the same issue. I could lower the angle of the arms holding the camera about 10 degrees to clear both dials and the eyecup, but the manual says not to alter anything as it is factory balanced. Sending it back doesn't seem to be a good option from reading other posts here as their customer support appears to be non existent. It frustrating that you pay top dollar for this product and find a problem like this. Not sure what I should do?

I think somebody mentioned this earlier but I just can't believe what I am seeing. The top of the gimbal touches both the mode and drive select drives which of course screws up the initializing (and completely scratched the dials on the GH4). Is this something that can be tuned? What did I miss?
HELP!!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Same kind of issue here: Just went to install the camera and noticed it all looked off. There's not enough room to tilt down and hits the top of the camera! I'm not messing with the balance as per the manual so its going back!

ragingdemon

This issue happened to me but also the motors were not functioning after initialization. So just wondering how come dji still ships these gimbals out when they know they are out of balance or hitting the eyepiece. My issue happened like about 3 weeks ago but still waiting on new stock of gimbals

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
You have to lower the carbon tube at the back. Loosen the two screws and the tube can slide down a bit. Job done. You can also manually adjust the horizon now, which is nice. I had to rebalance my whole gimbal from new. It works so well now I can't believe it!

ragingdemon

lowering it fixed the issue with it hitting but it did not balance right even making small fractions of a mm adjustment, does yours balance well on the roll axis? Just wondering because have already sent back my gimbal, i just hope the new one i get has no issues with this

Benjamin Kenobi

To balance the roll axis I had to lower the arms a bit to stop the seesaw action.

To me it seemed the Zen GH4 was just put together in the factory, but nothing else. You have to balance it yourself.

That aside, now I've balanced it the results are fantastic! And the GH4 is brilliant!

ragingdemon

I guess if my new one that gets in has problems i might have to consult you in balancing, because like you had mentioned i only adjusted those 2 screws and did not bother adjusting the tube left and right. Are you currently using a ND filter on your gh4, and if so does that balance well with the gimbal?

gsp

Scotth's post #63 links to a video on how to balance the gimbal. I'll give this a go and see what happens.

Benjamin Kenobi

I guess if my new one that gets in has problems i might have to consult you in balancing, because like you had mentioned i only adjusted those 2 screws and did not bother adjusting the tube left and right. Are you currently using a ND filter on your gh4, and if so does that balance well with the gimbal?

Yes, using an ND filter, you have to for filming. Balances perfectly as they have left enough room for you to slide the camera back a bit.

I didn't have to adjust the roll bar, it was actually the two arms each side of the camera which were too high causing the seesaw effect.

One negative, the shutter control isn't working. Works in the assistant but not on the camera. No problem for me as this is a filming rig, primarily, with all manual settings.

Tahoe Ed

Yes, using an ND filter, you have to for filming. Balances perfectly as they have left enough room for you to slide the camera back a bit.

I didn't have to adjust the roll bar, it was actually the two arms each side of the camera which were too high causing the seesaw effect.

One negative, the shutter control isn't working. Works in the assistant but not on the camera. No problem for me as this is a filming rig, primarily, with all manual settings.

Benjamin please PM me. I can assist you with the Shutter.

gsp

I had a response back from DJI regarding the z15 hitting the camera.
"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
You Gimbal's pitch axis has shifted. Needs sending back and calibration.
Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI."

Has anyone calibrated one of these? I don't really want to send it back as I could be waiting a long time.

Benjamin Kenobi

You can do it yourself. Just loosen the two screws on the vertical part (at the back) and drop the entire lower assembly down a bit. Don't loosen too much or let the parts separate as that would damage the Zen (I would imagine). Don't worry, it seems pretty stiff so it's unlikely to fall off, but just in case.

sonos

hi,
i have read in this thread about sometimes jumping of the gh4. i tokk videos today and have the same issue. about every 6 to 10 minutes thers a movement in the yaw. is there allteady a solve of the problem or do i have to return the gimbal?

thanks