*** Need collective knowledge**** ZEN GH3 (V4 HDMI board) Still no signal

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey fellas, finally got around to getting my rig with the Zenmuse Gh3 gimbal flying. Have a shoot tonight and my main rig went down (not crashed but my cam op tried to plug in a battery backwards and it let the leads touch wrong and popped my Gemini's power busses.. Not a happy guy)

SO....
Gimbal calibrates great can be controlled with my Cam op radio and just flying around in "FPV" mode gets great footage".
But I can not for the life of me get the signal to come through the gimbal.

I have the cam set to 200 FPS, Shutter Pri mode, Infinity, output 1080i (also tried auto, 720, 1080p...), AFC, the whole 9. Cam goes to the mode that shuts the back monitor off like it has a HDMI converter plugged in,
Cable is nice and proper.. I plug in the 1/4" cable to the zen control box and have my VTX attached to the proper cables and all I get is black or occasionally some fuzz or weird colors. I can take the VTX off that rig pop it on another and my system boots right up. So the cam and the VTX are proven to work to gather no issues.

The bottom of the him has the V4 mark on it so I know this is not the PAL issue.

Any thoughts? I really need to get this working for a job today as my main rig went into the shop for a blown power bus. Worst case I'll have to fly and just go for the "feel" It's a concert and I'm flying next to it in an open field, so I should be able to get "wide" shots without "seeing them". But this just sucks. I didn't pay $2500 to not have a working video signal.

I know I have seen multiple guys have this issue, and I read almost all the threads but most seemed to have the wrong cam settings or the old V3 board. So any thoughts?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The monitor on mine does not go black when the HDMi is plugged in. I get output in what ever I have the camera set to. will is show up on the monitor when you switch to playback? How long have you had the Zen?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Got the Zen a few weeks back.. It won't do anything.. no signal at all. Almost like the HDMi cable going into the V4 box is bad.
I can leave the cam on, pop in a diff cable and a normal "white box" converter and the Same VTX , cam works perfectly. It's defiantly something from the Zen HDMI cable and it the Zen output.

For today I bypassed it will a long very flexible cable. I have to unhook the cable, let the zen calibrate and then plug it in. It will work for today but I have to figure this out. I am sort of thinking it's a bad HDMi conversion board inside the zen cause I'm not even getting shaky signal, I get nada, just some colors once in a while bit no actual signal from the cam.