What do you use your multi-rotor for? And give us details or pics of the build.

K2snow

So, I have been flying heli's for years, often in awe of what people can do with them. I was NOT one of those fancy 3D pilots, just got a lot of fun playing in the air.

Now I am breaking into the multi-rotor world and going full force. Though as a consumer and a casual hobbiest, I dont have a primary focus or need for buying/building a multirotor. With that said:

Why did you build a multi and what do you do with yours?

If you could change one thing about yours, what would it be?

If there is something you would want yours to do, what would that be?

Please add pictures and videos.

FlyGirl

Why did you build a multi and what do you do with yours? ----- I built my first one because I stunk at flying collective pitch helis and needed something I wouldn't crash so much. LOL!

If you could change one thing about yours, what would it be? ----- I'd like to get a big heavy lifter with a great camera but I can't afford that right now... My Y6 and GoPro will have to do.

If there is something you would want yours to do, what would that be? ----- Do the dishes. I hate doing them. ;)

K2snow

Why did you build a multi and what do you do with yours? ----- I built my first one because I stunk at flying collective pitch helis and needed something I wouldn't crash so much. LOL!

If you could change one thing about yours, what would it be? ----- I'd like to get a big heavy lifter with a great camera but I can't afford that right now... My Y6 and GoPro will have to do.

If there is something you would want yours to do, what would that be? ----- Do the dishes. I hate doing them. ;)

What type of bird do you have? Do you have any pics?

FlyGirl

What type of bird do you have? Do you have any pics?

I have the Y6 in my avatar over there on the left as a camera ship, a 450 for FPV, and a 525 quad for sport flying. Need to get a little 250 to play with I think next. :)

FlyGirl

Nice stable!

Im debating on what to get.... DJI F550 or Tarot 680pro

I don't know much about the Tarot but it looks good and plus it's different. I like different, things others don't have. I think that's the one I'd go with plus it folds up. :) My camera gimbal is made by them and it's very good...

K2snow

I don't know much about the Tarot but it looks good and plus it's different. I like different, things others don't have. I think that's the one I'd go with plus it folds up. :) My camera gimbal is made by them and it's very good...

That is my take as well. I like different things.

I want it as a nice toy, fun to fly, that I can video my daughters soccer games, practice, and training with. But really and honestly, its just something cool and fun.

Ronan

Why did you build a multi and what do you do with yours? It's safer than flying a full size helicopter and it's MUCH cheaper. I use mine for inspections but i can also do aerial cinematography.

If you could change one thing about yours, what would it be? Include a lightweight parachute that doesn't look retarded and catches the wind in it's folded/packed position like there's no tomorrow.

If there is something you would want yours to do, what would that be? Be fully autonomous. I can sit back & relax while it does all of the work haha

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Heh...

Why did you build a multi and what do you do with yours?

- I periodically build a multi just to remind myself how frustrating they are, and how much better helicopters are.
- I do like to use cheap quadcopter to test experimental code before trying it on my helicopters, since quads are so much more crash resistant.

If you could change one thing about yours, what would it be?

- I would like a multicopter that: Folds compactly for transport. Unfolds rigidly so as not to allow vibration. Can lift a heavy weight if required, and yet fly for a long time, and fast. It must not create vibration that affects the video. And it must be reliable, with no problems such as burning ESC FETS, props coming unscrewed, propeller failures, Sync problems, overheating ESC's, etc. It would also be great if it didn't wobble on descent. So far, I have not found any multirotor that can do all this.

If there is something you would want yours to do, what would that be?

- All of the above. Basically, I want a multirotor that can outperform a helicopter. I haven't found one yet. The more I fly my latest quadcopter, the more disappointed I get.

My latest multirotor has similar folded frame size, and weight, as my 500 helicopter. And can fly for about the same time. But it's slow, shakes like hell, and flies like crap by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator: