Z15 GH3 issue, need help please...

Mick Koi

Chaps, without any incidents etc, after powering on the S1000, and what looks like the usual spinning sequence, the gimbal simply carries on spinning, and spinning and spinning! not fast or anything just normal speed but won't stop...

So, usual power off/on a few times, checked it over, no issues, leads all correct, hooked up to the comp, updated to firmware to 1.4 for main controller and 1.6 for IMU. Still spinning though, but what i have noticed is that in the assistant, the pan and tilt is not and will not centre at 0. They are both flickering between 5 and 6 when dead centred? Which they should be centred at 0, yes??
Iv tried to adjust the trims on the radio but not getting anywhere, I've swapped channels around on the radio from the sliders to the dials, and still no joy.
The pan and tilt not centring at 0, must be the problem but i can't get them to 0, any suggestions please?

Mick Koi

well I've just totally taken the camera out and re installed for the 2nd time, and the spinning has stopped now, back to normal, which is good, but that doesn't tell me why it was doing it in the first place, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears, because the last thing i need is for this to happen again when on site somewhere. Also now that its not spinning, the pan and tilt in the assistant is still flickering between 5/6, anyone else's like this? or am i special? ha!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
well I've just totally taken the camera out and re installed for the 2nd time, and the spinning has stopped now, back to normal, which is good, but that doesn't tell me why it was doing it in the first place, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears, because the last thing i need is for this to happen again when on site somewhere. Also now that its not spinning, the pan and tilt in the assistant is still flickering between 5/6, anyone else's like this? or am i special? ha!

Mick you need to adjust the endpoints in your radio to stop the flickering and get a solid red.

The continued calibration process is almost certainly because it can't do its full move. Make sure the little ribbon cable at the back is folded flat and the lens is not catching it. I also have had this happen so now when I power the gimble up I am holding the camera level and flat until the cali process starts. Its a good idea to put a switch in line which makes it easier to reboot if you do get a calibration issue

Dave

Mick Koi

Hi Dave, thanks for posting, you were bang on mate...what i missed was to notice that the shutter cable was very slightly catching or rubbing on the gimbal during the sequence, so this must have been disrupting the process, so I've re aligned the cable and ensured it doesn't come into contact, and that seems to have worked for me ; ) it was baffling me for a good hour going through the motions of checking everything, cheers

Mike