Could the good times for DJI be numbered (New Align video)

Quinton

Will be interesting where things go when Aligns new multis and gimbals hit the market.

Think you could be right, the M480 / 690 with G3 gimbal looks brilliant, and in their video it said it was 5.4kg!
There will be interesting times coming up.

Quinton

Check out this video of the new M480 with their new G3 gimbal to be released soon.
There is also a m690 hex coming out that could fly a 5D on the same gimbal.
Maybe this is why DJI s900 was rushed out?

Advantages, can take multiple cameras/lenses, it seems to be very powerful, extremely light (in the video it said 5.4Kg)
Looks to be 370Kv motors with 15/16" foldable props.

For those that dont see the embeded video..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DDPucxpfso&list=UUaPj_K5DNo7HSmP1eytUvMQ

Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
Can't wait to see just the camera video as full screen and then maybe some slower flying more like one would do filming.
Good first flights.

Didn't pay attention to where the battery was, but it was listed something like a 9 minute flight with a pretty small battery. Wonder if it will handle a bigger battery.

Any idea on pricing? FC features?

kloner

Aerial DP
aligns been messing around half way with this stuff forever,,,, years

my guess is they'll never get the market share they had in SRH... there weakspot has always been electronics,,, never did have a decent flybarless controller after years of trying,,, everybody would buy there flybarless kit, sell the controller and buy a vbar.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I see the horizon was out, not just a DJI thing then.

They do seem a little late in getting this out, but I'm sure it will appeal to the Align fans (as I used to be).

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yeah, I wouldn't spend my money on the first generation of a new Align product. You can't even give away one of their flybarless controllers.

I see the horizon was out, not just a DJI thing then.

Nope, AlexMos does it too. We know what the problem is, and I've tried talking to them a couple times, but they won't listen. This problem will never go away until they integrate GPS data into the gimbal controller.

xahhax

Glad to see a video where the MR is actually flown rather than hovered or slow translations. Give some confidence.
Let's see how it goes - I had a lot of Align stuff (not the electronics tough)...and was always quite happy with it.
If it can push the industry - that will be better for everyone.

Dave_EP

I would definitely be interested in knowing the price, release date, MTOM, lowest TOM with GH4 and decent battery etc. It looks a pretty decent craft but we need to know more about the flight controllers etc.