Connecting a Voltmeter

Hood49

Hi Guys,

Maybe a stupid question. I have ordered a voltmeter (pic). I will connect directly to my power distribution board. However, what connector should I put on the wire end to connect this Voltmeter. All I have are JST's, XT's, Dean and bullets. I do not know what to do with all these pins on the Voltmeter.

Thanks in advance guys.

IMG_1842_zps471cfb8d.jpg

Langdale

No such thing as a stupid question on here.
Just connect the balance plug on your lipo to the pins on the voltmeter. You might have to experiment to see which way round they go but you won't do any harm. There are more pins on the voltmeter than the balance plug, so just move the balance plug along until you get a reading.

Hood49

Thanks for your reply.
I will need to power my FatShark Predator via the balance plug. So I would like to just solder a + and - to the meter from my distribution board. Do you think that is possible.

Thanks! :)

Langdale

You could use a splitter cable (make sure that whatever you're powering runs off the same voltage as your lipo), or use a smaller weight battery. The more you run off your main battery, the less flight time.

kloner

Aerial DP
get a "buck converter" and hard wire in whatever your cheating use on the balance plug with