Interference when 5v charging is applied to gopro

nealj4

Hi All,
I have 400 Mw transmitter to 7" offshore brand lcd monitor, Naza v2 with iOSD mini connected to Vtx. Running 4 cell with stepdown converter supplying all my accessories with 12vdc. Then I have another dropping the 12 v to 5 vdc for charging GopRo 3 black. Everthing works great till I plug in the 5v supply to the camera, then OSD flickers and/or disappears,and camera video goes fuzzy or disappears. Any suggestions??
Thanks for your help.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Could it be that your 12V BEC is out of juice with all that stuff plugged in? It'd be good to know how much current is being pushed from it with the various bits of kit you're powering. BECs are usually capable of barely 1A or so. And beware...they can melt down if they're pushed too hard.

kloner

Aerial DP
you might look into "buck converter" if these are some random BEC you found for rc. there filtered, fpv fan favorite....

nealj4

What's the difference between Buck converter and a step down module?? Is a Buck converter filtered? Is that what I want?.Can anyone recommend a module that will handle a Tarot T-2D, 400 mW transmitter and power/charge a GoPro 3 ( thru another step down to 5 V of course).
Thanks guys.