Phantom 2 Naza M How to fly a circle pointing at center

paulywog

Does anyone out there know how to make a phantom 2 fly a circle pointing at center automatically? I have ground station installed on a Phantom 2.

I have the same issue with DJI for this problem, I bought a P2 G3-H3 setup for photogrammetry after seeing the capability advertised on the DJI site, I have since contacted them and they confirmed it doesn't work with the Naza M.
Turns out you can only change the camera direction at the waypoints which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot... I want to be able to fly sideways on a grid pattern but you can only point forward, the only other option is to fly manually on course lock which rather defeats the purpose of the GS photogrammetry tool.
Does anyone know if the Naza M can be swapped out for a WKM or A2 easily on the P2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also researched this issue, found a thread on RCgroups DJI Phantom 2 & 2+ thread I believe K Garrison Found a partial solution to this,using IOC

harens

I am relatively new to the NAZA-M mode on my phantom 2 vision +, but using IOC I do use court lock all the time to get good video of waterskiers. I have less time using the "home lock" feature, but my understanding is this will allow you to control the drone basically in a circle around the home point. I suspect then it is a matter of focusing on your screen and turning the drone (ie the camera) to face the home point as you circle. I would not think this would be to hard although you must be at least 10m from the home point for "home lock" to engage. You can see some of my luckier shots at: http://youtu.be/RxkzskGPY6A

darwin-t

I have found two ways to do it, sort of. Both require that the object be at or near the home point.

The first is to use Home Lock. Have the quad face the object and move left or right. This requires you to use the yaw control to keep the object centered.

The second is to set the distance limit to the radius of the circle. Fly to that limit, have the quad face the audience, and then hold the right joystick to the lower left or lower right. This will cause the quad to move in a circle. In the limited testing I have done, it seems to need fewer adjustments to keep the object centered.

What I have NOT been able to do is reset the home position while my FC40 is in flight.

A third way would be to install a fine adjustment in the yaw control and matching the speed left or right with the yaw speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJBrit

There's another way if you want to spend a bit of money. I have a Futaba 14SG controller and I have programmed a mix on one of my dials that simultaneously adds rudder and aileron to make it circle around a point. They way I have it set up you can control the radius by how much you turn the knob. It works pretty well - happy to share the details if anyone is interested. Right now it's calibrated for my old Phantom 2 and I will have to recalibrate for me new Tarot 650 build.

Daniel costa

There's another way if you want to spend a bit of money. I have a Futaba 14SG controller and I have programmed a mix on one of my dials that simultaneously adds rudder and aileron to make it circle around a point. They way I have it set up you can control the radius by how much you turn the knob. It works pretty well - happy to share the details if anyone is interested. Right now it's calibrated for my old Phantom 2 and I will have to recalibrate for me new Tarot 650 build.
Can You kindly send me the your set Up for My Futaba 14sg or have any guideline to do it ? The DSLR pros have some like this....

sucdejan

Can You

Can you share in this forum or just send me your mix setup please? I would be very grateful if you could help :)

darwin-t

You can kind of do it, but your home position must be at the center of the circle.

Have your distance limit set to the radius of the circle.
Back away from the center of the circle while facing the center.
When you hit the limit, pull your stick back and to the left or the right.
The quad will do it, more or less. The centering in the camera is not perfect.

RobBurn

Did you post "how to"? Id like to check this out.

Funny I was thinking the same thing.....here's what I do to practice, buy a little cheap one and fly it in circles around my wife's head while she is trying to swat it out of the air.... this will help sharpen your reflexes!

Last edited by a moderator: