Big newbie mistake.. Read and heed...

genesc

On my second quad build I started to get a bit frustrated because I was setting this new one up with a different TX and RX. Things were not
going so good.But finaly I started to make great headway and was on my last test for firing it up and testing my sticks for hovering control.

In my living room I have enough room to test for hovering. Well I finally did achieve what I worked so hard to get and that was stick control
through setting up my DR/EXpos and the P- Gain and I-Gains on my KK2 board..
Was so excited and joyed that I turned my radio off first before disarming and unpluging battery on quad. Well I was very fortunate and was able to put
my foot on top of the quad and hold it down and then turn radio back on. But that did not stop the motors from running. In the meantime
I got a few slices in my right leg.
Long story short for newbies. NEVER, NEVER, NEver Turn Off Your Radio Before Disarming and Unpluging Your Quad.
One hard lesson learned and I feel very lucky that no one was around.
Gene

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Glad you were not more seriously hurt. I did the indoor fire-up with my first build - but it quickly seemed like a bad idea :). You'll get a routine down with the Tx/RX power up/down soon enough. In the meantime, take your time and make sure you've thought before you make a move.

genesc

Like I said Moto, not banged up much but it could of been worse. From now on I will be testing outside...:) And thinking very carefully before I start switching switches..

Gene