S800 Evo video transmission issue

Burntpixel

Hi all.

I,m having a video issue (I think) with my S800 Evo and its DJI AVL 5.8 transmitter and receiver. My set up is a Z15 gimbal with a Panasonic GH2. I have both the Z15 camera control cable and the Z15 HDMI cable plugged into the camera. I also am using the DJI IOSD MkII.

My question is,I am getting both telemetry and picture just fine,but the picture is coming off on the monitor as a BLACK and WHITE image? Is this normal with the set up I am using? Thanks for any help given.

Matt

Burntpixel

Hey mate,

Nope, not normal. It is likely a GH2 setting. Could be HDMI-out or PAL type thing.

Thanks Ben. I had purchased the kit from a fella down in OZ. I thought I had reset the monitors from PAL to NTSC. I'll have a look and see if that is still the issue. On the GH2 you have several over HDMI out options. I currently have the camera set to 1080i output.

Matt

Burntpixel

...and set the HDMI out to 720p. :nevreness:
Well,I did some testing. Still have only a Black and Whites image on my monitor. I swapped out one monitor and used a different one to eleminate a monitor issue. Swapping out to another monitor still gives me a Black and White image. Sooo, I took the camera out of the Z15 and using a HDMI cable I then plugged the camera directly into the monitor. The monitor showed a nice color image,so I know it is not a camera video out setting or monitor issue.

I looked around the Z15 and IOSD-MkII and all the cables are seated nicely in their proper ports. I even unplugged each cable ,then replugged them to see if perhaps one was not making good contact. After all this,I still get a Black and White video image. Its got me stumped! I even swapped out the composite cable from the reciever to the monitor and nothing changes. :upset:

I get perfect picture and telemetry overlay just in black and white. As its a black and white image,I appear not to be passing chroma through the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burntpixel

I think I have found the issue.Its the Zenmuse HDMI converter board I found this on the DJI wiki site.

Z15 GH2 outputs black&white video signal and monitor shows black&white screen, what happened?

New Z15 HDMI board should be changed, anyway, the new and old versions of HDMI board look similar.

So it looks like I have a PAL board or a V1 board. In my online seaches I find that a V2 board is supposed to overcome this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ah, is this the part where you tell us you bought a really old Zenmuse maybe? I think they stopped making those V1 boards along time ago, like 18 months.

If you bought it new then I would still explore camera settings.

Burntpixel

Ah, is this the part where you tell us you bought a really old Zenmuse maybe? I think they stopped making those V1 boards along time ago, like 18 months.

If you bought it new then I would still explore camera settings.
I do not know the actual date of the gimbals manufacture,but I do know it was sold within a country that has the PAL video standard,so it stands to reason that is my issue!

As to exploring the camera settings? Well its very straight forward as you know,so i,m very confident it is not the camera but the Zenmuse HDMI converter board.