XAircraft Flight Controller - XAircraft???

dmetz

Does anyone know if the Super X Professional 4-8 axis FC system features a motor out algorithm? The one thing I wanted in the Tarot 960 HEX that I have built is true redundant failsafe operation in the event of a single motor or ESC failure. The DJI Naza M V2 appears to provide that but generally, as I comb through the forum, it seems as if I should have a more robust FC system on this kind of rig. The total weight of the MC will be around 6Kg. I built her to carry a BMPCC or similar type of camera and this weight reflects a dual 6s 5000 mAH battery configuration. As I've become more familiar with the opinions and functional restrictions of flying this kind of rig, I am beginning to wonder if I've wasted my money in building it????

Thanks for your thoughts.

dazzab

Does anyone know if the Super X Professional 4-8 axis FC system features a motor out algorithm? The one thing I wanted in the Tarot 960 HEX that I have built is true redundant failsafe operation in the event of a single motor or ESC failure. The DJI Naza M V2 appears to provide that but generally, as I comb through the forum, it seems as if I should have a more robust FC system on this kind of rig. The total weight of the MC will be around 6Kg. I built her to carry a BMPCC or similar type of camera and this weight reflects a dual 6s 5000 mAH battery configuration. As I've become more familiar with the opinions and functional restrictions of flying this kind of rig, I am beginning to wonder if I've wasted my money in building it????
Thanks for your thoughts.
I had a motor stop on a hexa with a SuperX just last week. It wasn't too high so there wasn't much time to really see how it reacted but it dropped out of the sky. It did land fairly flat but I suspect that's only because it was so low at the time.

If you are looking for true redundancy I don't think you'll get it with anything less than an octocopter. I once had a top prop come off my coax octocopter in flight and it made no difference at all. I didn't have a payload on it at the time but it flew exactly as if it had all eight props and it was no issue at all to bring it back and land it normally.

dmetz

I had a motor stop on a hexa with a SuperX just last week. It wasn't too high so there wasn't much time to really see how it reacted but it dropped out of the sky. It did land fairly flat but I suspect that's only because it was so low at the time.

If you are looking for true redundancy I don't think you'll get it with anything less than an octocopter. I once had a top prop come off my coax octocopter in flight and it made no difference at all. I didn't have a payload on it at the time but it flew exactly as if it had all eight props and it was no issue at all to bring it back and land it normally.

Thanks for your response and that first hand information!