Moving On

jhardway

Bart it your site and I get it, sorry you spent fathers day in part of this, I think you both are very valuable to the multirotor field and going forward everything will go on. I like the drink comment, but over all I hope it works out for the best for you all. Its just stinks to see this out in the open. I value both you guys in comments and all the efforts you all have put together in helping in the past.

Peace all

Best jack

dazzab

I see this happen all the time on motorcycle forums. I really don't think it's ever a good idea to have a user also act as a moderator. It seems that's what the core issue is here as well. So now that Droider isn't a moderator, what is the problem? Bartman doesn't have to worry about what Dave posts and Dave can post whatever he wants. So please Droider, hang around and post as you like without the burden of being a moderator. Problem solved, let's move on now and go fly.

sk8brd

bummer for sure!! Droider is one of the very few guys i ever asked questions to and trusted his answers. seems like a dji big brother thing even if it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Ohhhhh man........never thought this could happen. Very strange, but I feel there is no right or wrong, both of you have very valid points, and both of you are very well respected, honest men. I feel with Dave for all the frustration we all encounter when dealing with DJI products, especially new "professional" DJI gear, and on the other hand Bart's strive to provide an unbiased platform, which all of us love so much. This is a special place.....calm, helpful, great people with a wealth of knowledge. This forum got that "a bunch of great guys sitting arround a nice fireplace, chatting about MR-stuff" feeling which I like so much and miss with a lot of other forums.....and both, Bart and Dave, are a big part in this picture.

No point in arguing each others position, we are all grown up and know that both of you are right, and we love both of you....

Just let some water flow down the river.....and then come back to the fireplace......no fun chatting there with one of you missing

All the best to both of you...

Chris

I feel a bit like that guy in the old western I used to watch 'Branded' I think it was called.

Because of my continued extensive testing and honest reporting of DJI products such as the A2 and LightBridge I have had my sword broken in shame I guess because the sites major sponsor / owner does not like it.

Sorry chaps its my time to bow out and spend more of my time helping myself rather than others on here.

Ill save a good few quid and hours of time writing and filming my testing for the forum.

The forum owner BARTMAN has slapped my wrist with a removal of moderator status.

All because I have had enough of DJI's blatant disregard for safety.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...has-released-new-firmware-for-DJI-Lightbridge!

Nuff said.

All of you out there I have communicated with personally have my email address and contact details.

I will help if I can.

Onwards and Upwards

Roger and Out

Dave

OP, if you are choosing to use this link to represent yourself then I would say that Bartman was 100% correct. Instead of providing educated evidence like videos of issues that you have and possibly a logical recomendation your first comment was just pure negativity. Does that mean that you have not ever contributed to the forum? No but if you have more forum threads like the one that you have linked here Bartman did the right thing by revoking your moderator status. It's technology. It's devoloping faster than you can "beta" test for... by the time they spend a year with extensive testing they would have built the new product. We don't have the advantage like video games or computer OS that have millions of people push them to the limits and report bugs via the internet for 24 hour patch fixes. Sad to say but if you can't deal with the fact that all of these products are going to have glitches and it is OUR job to work through them. Best of luck on your next venture/hobby!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
a little backstory to all of this might help it to all make sense...

at the time that i began to approach Dave about toning it down a bit we had an atmosphere here that whenever DJI posted an update or a DJI forums rep posted help for someone, they were almost immediately heckled and the heckling was getting more and more inappropriate. The user account that posts DJI updates, "DJI Innovations" couldn't post anything without being heavily heckled.

Now, I understand why this was happening but it was detracting from the site's ability to process anything positive regarding DJI and at the time we had just seen the potential for multi-rotor helicopters to deliver the goods in an episode of "Gold Rush" where a DJI S800 and Zenmuse provided some really spectacular footage. It was clear (to me at least) that DJI was not all bad and that they weren't going away but that we wouldn't benefit from the good that DJI had to offer as we had lost a lot of our objectivity in dealing with them.

I've tried to get people thinking about fly-aways as not being only hardware error. I've tried to get people thinking about DJI's 'advanced features' as functions that really need to be understood before being added to what should already be a well tested and thoroughly understood system. I've also stood by and allowed ALL of the criticisms to be levied at DJI as I still feel like they deserve a lot of it. I've only asked that a guy that represents the site not be a part of the mob (sorry Kloner ;) ) mentality that was overtaking the site.

DJI isn't going away and we can either try to navigate their issues as a group and try to keep ourselves safe or we can pretend they are 100% rubbish and ignore the great results that a lot of people continue to get with their products.

If dealing with DJI's problems isn't your cup of tea, there are a lot of other options. No one option is completely without issues though so let's not pretend turn-key is even possible.

my apologies to the membership for this ugly episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetbootz

Dave has always been honest and reliable, kinda like this site used to be...

Bart, I really like your site. BUT, please , please try not to let it go the way of RCgroups... ( Utterly awash with shills, stooges , yes-men and false accounts )
RCgroups bans people whenever a large un-named chinese sponsor demands it ( timecop )
this site was far more honest, and recently has started to become a little more like RCgroups

Do I have to state the obvious ?

the reason DJI gets heckled is because they deserve it. plain and simple.

I love my DJI products, they rock, for the most part all work flawlessly, BUT the release something new rather than fix the current kit attitude has really pissed many people off. My z15 for instance, still, STILL does not do what we all want, a simple yaw follow ( pan smoothing ) feature.

promises and lies , thats all we've had from DJI.

If they just put a little more effort into HONEST communication , honest efforts and real testing of products prior to selling us them, i'd be the first to say they are the best their is.

why they choose to shoot themselves with both barrels can only be known by them, but customer service and comms really, REALLY needs to improve .

and shills and sponsorship pressure are obvious to us all, please don't insult our intelligence by suggesting Dave did anyting other than bring up valid points.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the shills were called out earlier this year and now have their associations listed in their signature lines wherever possible.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-vendor-participation-policy&highlight=shills

Dave's honesty was never questioned, I asked him to moderate his delivery methods.

please don't insult our intelligence by suggesting Dave did anything other than bring up valid points.

again, Dave's honesty was never questioned, I asked him to tone down his delivery so as to not make the mob mentality appear to be acceptable. his comment on sunday about the chinese engineers "working for their rice" was the final straw.

Bart