Moving On

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I feel a bit like that guy in the old western I used to watch 'Branded' I think it was called.

Because of my continued extensive testing and honest reporting of DJI products such as the A2 and LightBridge I have had my sword broken in shame I guess because the sites major sponsor / owner does not like it.

Sorry chaps its my time to bow out and spend more of my time helping myself rather than others on here.

Ill save a good few quid and hours of time writing and filming my testing for the forum.

The forum owner BARTMAN has slapped my wrist with a removal of moderator status.

All because I have had enough of DJI's blatant disregard for safety.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...has-released-new-firmware-for-DJI-Lightbridge!

Nuff said.

All of you out there I have communicated with personally have my email address and contact details.

I will help if I can.

Onwards and Upwards

Roger and Out

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
dave,

pretending that this is all a big surprise for further dramatic effect is consistent with why you've been removed as a moderator. it's been at least a year that i've been asking you to represent the site better as a moderator but keeping your comments to a more objective standard.

Sorry to hear that Dave.. your posts have helped many including myself over the last year and a half.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
dave,

pretending that this is all a big surprise for further dramatic effect is consistent with why you've been removed as a moderator. it's been at least a year that i've been asking you to represent the site better as a moderator but keeping your comments to a more objective standard.

Total Bollocks, objective standard my arse, if you don't think my videos and hours of writing upgrade procedures and test results arnt objective then WTF is.

it's been at least a year that i've been asking you to represent the site better
ONLY since I have been reporting the flaws in the A2 which started in September WHEN I was the first to buy the bloody paper weight.

TRUE AND HONEST SELF FUNDED REPORTING. Whats happened Bart? You best ban me because trying to slap my wrist with a removal of moderator status won't stop me posting honest PROVEN reports on the failing of the latest DJI products I HAVE PAID FOR.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that Dave.. your posts have helped many including myself over the last year and a half.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AyeUp East Coast Jib.

Thanks, thats ALL I have tried to do, in three and a half years I have thrown good money down the bog time and time again… and still do trying to get the best and safest platforms in the air. I have shared my findings as honestly as possible. Starting my third year as a licensed operator with CAA permissions in the UK I have to be 110% sure I can carry out my job safely, thats why I test everything so extensively and have reported my findings on this forum, I don't need to I just have.

I am really glad I have helped you in the past.

Onwards and upward, good luck

Dave

Just 4 of the 7 Machines We operate

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzz_Roavr

That's a bugger... I posted a question just the other day as a newbie and Dave answered it pretty damn quick.

It seems like your a valuable contributor. Could forum user not just donate a tenner a year to keep it going without sponsorship?

Impartiality is important within forums.

Best wishes, Matt.

ZAxis

Multirotor forums without Dave .................... Baaaaaad

Multirotor forums without Dave as a moderator ............ who really cares?

Dave,Denny,Mombassa and others are what make this forum standout ... we've always enjoyed their views and opinions, whether we've always agreed is by the way.

So stay with us Dave and keep MK ( yes I remember those days),DJI , EuroUSC or whoever feeling uncomfortable.

Lec and Andy

eirlink

Dave
ive been following your posts and im shocked that your leaving as a result of what youve outlined.
its a hobby after all, and youve contributed so much thats its so sad to see this turn of events.
your posts have been helpful and informative yet seems not well received by some.

you will be missed, and good luck in whatever direction you go.

I feel a bit like that guy in the old western I used to watch 'Branded' I think it was called.

Because of my continued extensive testing and honest reporting of DJI products such as the A2 and LightBridge I have had my sword broken in shame I guess because the sites major sponsor / owner does not like it.

Sorry chaps its my time to bow out and spend more of my time helping myself rather than others on here.

Ill save a good few quid and hours of time writing and filming my testing for the forum.

The forum owner BARTMAN has slapped my wrist with a removal of moderator status.

All because I have had enough of DJI's blatant disregard for safety.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...has-released-new-firmware-for-DJI-Lightbridge!

Nuff said.

All of you out there I have communicated with personally have my email address and contact details.

I will help if I can.

Onwards and Upwards

Roger and Out

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Buzz_Rover

I don't do this for money I do it because I hate having my trousers pulled down. I do what I do because I really bloody care about you guys out there entering into this and falling for manufactures bull**** hype. This forum was set up because of the crap, politics and trolls on other sites. So far this forum has been a saviour to most looking for an unbiased opinion AND PROFESSIONAL INPUT. I really hope it continues to do that. Origionally this site had no income. Credit to Bartman for setting it up. BUT its grown into a commercial enterprise with all the commercial pressures I am sure come with this type of operation. DSJI area MAJOR advertising investor in this site. Go figure.

Bart told me he was almost about to pull DJI adverts a few months ago.. guess thats changed with the amount of coin being transferred.

I have seen this happen to many times in this game… $£€ all speak the same language.

Dave
That's a bugger... I posted a question just the other day as a newbie and Dave answered it pretty damn quick.

It seems like your a valuable contributor. Could forum user not just donate a tenner a year to keep it going without sponsorship?

Impartiality is important within forums.

Best wishes, Matt.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up you two.

You always know where there is a brew and a great space to chew the fat. Andy your input AND help has been amazing… LEC's input and amazing flying skills are what drive me on… AND give me a standard to chase.

As UK professionals we will never loose contact.

Dave

Multirotor forums without Dave .................... Baaaaaad

Multirotor forums without Dave as a moderator ............ who really cares?

Dave,Denny,Mombassa and others are what make this forum standout ... we've always enjoyed their views and opinions, whether we've always agreed is by the way.

So stay with us Dave and keep MK ( yes I remember those days),DJI , EuroUSC or whoever feeling uncomfortable.

Lec and Andy

jhardway

This is a nice site and all you guys make this place a great resource, its saddens me to see this being such a thing between two people who have offered some great resources. Sorry to hear the bad feeling and I hope for all the best going forward.

Dave thanks for your help in the past see you around town, as they say

cheers Jack

Bartman

Total Bollocks, objective standard my arse, if you don't think my videos and hours of writing upgrade procedures and test results arnt objective then WTF is.

ONLY since I have been reporting the flaws in the A2 which started in September WHEN I was the first to buy the bloody paper weight.

TRUE AND HONEST SELF FUNDED REPORTING. Whats happened Bart? You best ban me because trying to slap my wrist with a removal of moderator status won't stop me posting honest PROVEN reports on the failing of the latest DJI products I HAVE PAID FOR.

dave,

with your posting of the A2 stuff I've been asking you to remain objective but you continue to think I'm involved in some sort of coverup. for whatever reason, probably because of what you see as some sort of conspiracy, you've totally ignored my requests and see you being removed as a moderator as an attempt to stifle you. to the contrary, you can now say whatever you want and it won't be perceived as representative of the site. be as crazy as you want, use whatever punctuation you'd like, you're free. FEEL FREE TO NEVER USE LOWER CASE LETTERS AGAIN, IT WON'T MATTER.

If you choose to play up the dramatic aspect in your presentation, I won't have a word to say about it as you are no longer an official representative of the site.

And one last thing, before you spew any more proclamations about everything you've given, please consider how much you've taken as well and what you've been able to achieve with the help you've received here.

Bart

Bartman

...........BUT its grown into a commercial enterprise with all the commercial pressures I am sure come with this type of operation. ..................

this is completely false. there is no pressure. i have a career and the money i make here is enough so that i don't mind the hours i spend here each day but i'm making a tiny fraction of what a site like Rcgroups generates.

dave, you are wrong, this has nothing to do with money and everything to do with your conduct and your total disregard for my requests that you represent the site in a more objective fashion. Your post today was the last straw and I'm tired of talking to you about it. Please take responsibility for yourself.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Your post today was the last straw and I'm tired of talking to you about it. Please take responsibility for yourself.

Truth hurts.. I am objective and responsible. Thats why I report my findings honestly. Read um. Ask questions, contradict, prove me wrong. you can't because you aint done the testing I have.
No doubt in a few hours my post will be in the history and will disappear.

I love helping but not with hands tied.

Bartman

Truth hurts.. I am objective and responsible. Thats why I report my findings honestly. Read um. Ask questions, contradict, prove me wrong. you can't because you aint done the testing I have.
No doubt in a few hours my post will be in the history and will disappear.

I love helping but not with hands tied.

dave, you seem to be completely incapable of understanding what i'm saying. your delivery was unprofessional as a representative of the site. your findings may have been perfectly legitimate but i asked you to participate without sensationalizing everything. then again, you still haven't replaced your GPS puck so your findings are actually skewed by that potential defect in your system.

hugh4g

Hey guys,
this forum is one of those valuable resources that is exemplary due to its smooth nature.
dave has been frustrated by a lack of support/response... Bart, Dave is a valuable contributor... I've been holding off making a couple of decisions, awaiting the outcome of his findings...it seems that he is not the only one bothered by dji A2 performance.

so time for a drink and both of you come back to the table...

best

hugh

Bartman

hugh, i appreciate what you are saying, i really do. dave has been a very worthwhile contributor and has benefitted as well from his participation at the site. he's been a friend which is why i've tried to discuss this with him off site over the last year or so. i can't keep saying the same thing over and over (while also being accused of being a DJI sell-out which is totally ridiculous) though without any progress being made.

for what it's worth, nobody is being held captive and forced to use one product or another. there is variety out there and while one product or another may hold a lot of promise, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. we make our decisions, we take our chances, and we hope for a good result. when things don't work out i certainly hope people will bring it to the site's attention so we can discuss it and figure it out but there's a good way and a bad way to do it. despite being patient and despite trying to respect Dave by keeping our discussions private, we've arrived where we're at.

dave's still very much welcome to be here and to participate. he can be the first to laugh at me if/when my A2 hexacopter flies away on me but this whole thing is what it is, regrettable as it may be.

soler

Dave, Sorry to see you go, I do believe your reports are honest the failures that you have experience have been well documented and I don't blame you if things get a little heated after forking out serious cash for a product that does not work.

Bart, The lack of input from certain manufactures to a serious forum like this is a concern, there are people who are able to help out but there is no response for anyone in any management position to address these points, Without forum members raising issues chances are that bugs in software & systems will go on unaddressed with Joe Public unaware.

I urge both of you to get on the phone and work out an amicable solution

Bartman

soler,

i feel that manufacturers don't participate here because they are able to maintain their own forums where the conversations can be more controlled and where the fan-boys are more free to trounce those that complain. if i were a manufacturer, why would i be here having to deal with truth when i could have my own forum or, even better, a ticket system where I can tell everyone they are causing their problems and it's not the equipment.

we are all free here to voice concerns and i've never asked dave to stop posting his findings. what i have asked is that he maintain some semblance of objectivity. here's an example, i believe he still hasn't replaced the GPS puck on his A2 heli which can very well be contributing to the problems he's been having. the firmware hasn't been perfect but continuing to post results when it's likely his GPS puck is faulty is not exactly objective. in another thread i've found him saying that he's not sure if i'll ban him before he gets back which is totally ridiculous since i've stated clearly that he's very welcome to stay and participate.

the solution here is that Dave will be free to post whatever he wants now. there's no longer any obligation on his part to listen to any of my requests as owner of the site towards him as a volunteer/moderator. this is why some sites use professional moderators that aren't also participants of the site, it gets sticky after a while as to who has the right to say what. i've tried to avoid that because it costs money and because i try to keep advertising cheap and limited in scope.

today was Fathers' Day here in the US but this had to be addressed. i apologize to those of you that feel bad for Dave and i regret having to have made this decision. i've tried to deal with it directly with Dave but that didn't resolve the problem.

regards,
bart