Mikrokopter A piece came off a new BL, can it be soldered back on?

Emowillcox

Wow talking about going from bad to worse. THis almost reminds me of trying to do the above the hover contest and crashing 3 of my quads and then not having a quad to take on my vacation that I had been planning on for 6 months. Luckly I found a member on here selling a quad for a good price the week before I left.
Nice to see some guys on here who can help you with support.

@#&$! Well, the TV repair guy lost the piece! We have both been looking around his bench and can't find it. Does anyone know a part number for this thing? It had a W2 on the top.

:mad:

Mactadpole

@Emowillcox - that was some tough luck man! It is great to get the support.

I received the D2 diode (actually a toasted BL that was warped and a bit burnt) and took it to the TV guy. He lifted one off the toasted BL and soldered it to the BL where mine was missing while I waited. Of course he said no charge and will call me when the extras come from digikey to come pick those up for free. We applied 9v battery and all seemed well. Went back to my office and hooked up distro board and FC. Powered up with 3s battery and no BL errors in MKTools! Woohoo!!

Tomorrow afternoon/evening I will get the motors soldered up and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Mactadpole

After a very difficult afternoon I finally have succeeded!!:D Everything is working as it should and all motors spin! After wiring up all the motors I applied power and all motors would spin except #2 (BL that diode was replaced on). It would sing its little song on powerup and showed no errors in MKTools. But all it would do is give a single click when throttle applied. I tried a different motor and made sure again that the diode was oriented properly. Luckily I had ordered a backup BL when QC.us sent me the fried BL with the replacement diode. I managed to switch them out which is a very hard task when you dont have the right tools. Powered it up again all was good!!!:D

Just need to put some other bits back together and get the props on it for a test flight tomorrow.

Its a good thing I'm ok with banging my head against walls until I get what want.

Shawn

Pintac

Its a good thing I'm ok with banging my head against walls until I get what want.

Shawn

Good to hear that you got everything working in time.

With the head banging,sounds like a stress reduction kit that i have...lol

View attachment 1008

Attachments

• BangHeadHere.jpg
    BangHeadHere.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 323

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
congrats on that Shawn. hope it flies better after all the work you put into it.
bart

Mactadpole

For those who may be following this thread and not seen my post on my build log, the MK X8 flew beautifully yesterday after getting it ready for flight. I used default settings and it flew the best it has ever flown. Absolutely incredible! Three flights fully weighted with two batteries and dummy camera weight.

I made a comment in the build thread post about if you want the best performance you need to spend the money on the best available. I just want to add that I am still disappointed that I have had to spend so much time testing the distro board to make sure it wasn't going to go up in smoke and I am beyond frustrated that a diode would pop off a BL. Very disturbing. All we can hope is the H&I will start demanding better QC as new players join the market. For what I need the copter to do there is no match to MK in the same price range.

Thanks so much for everyone's help!! I couldn't of gotten this thing flying without you all.

Shawn

Crash

Defies Psychics
If one diode came off the bad board that easily, then other parts on the board likely have cold joints.

I'd try sending that board back. When that doesn't work, reflow the entire board especially the top side.

For those who may be following this thread and not seen my post on my build log, the MK X8 flew beautifully yesterday after getting it ready for flight. I used default settings and it flew the best it has ever flown. Absolutely incredible! Three flights fully weighted with two batteries and dummy camera weight.

I made a comment in the build thread post about if you want the best performance you need to spend the money on the best available. I just want to add that I am still disappointed that I have had to spend so much time testing the distro board to make sure it wasn't going to go up in smoke and I am beyond frustrated that a diode would pop off a BL. Very disturbing. All we can hope is the H&I will start demanding better QC as new players join the market. For what I need the copter to do there is no match to MK in the same price range.

Thanks so much for everyone's help!! I couldn't of gotten this thing flying without you all.

Shawn