Iosd mark ii connection to fpv camera - not to a zenmuse

RobBurn

Im hoping someone has crossed this bridge already

First i have a f550 dji with e300 propulsion. My radio is a futaba 14sg, lipo 4s 5000 used.

How would one connect a dji iosd mark II to this - RMRC-480 osd fpv camera?

Also looking at the RMRC 8" lcd fpv monitor ***( what would i need to power this and the rx.. what cables as well as video cable to dji 5.8ghz rx) i assume a 3s lipo, even thoughi dont like the thought of a fully charged lipo near the lcd and in the summer heat i experience in my area 100+

Thoughts?

Thanks

Rob

kloner

Aerial DP
It's super easy, you just connect one of the yellow wire inputs from iosd to the cameras signal wire.... i can't remember if the iosd has 12v out to power a camera or not, i use a "buck converter" to power the camera

on the monitor we use 3s lipos for all of it....
20140115063908-6a45d07b-la.jpg

heat in use isn't a problem, but don't just put any lipo out in the sun, i use a cooler, when really hot with ice.... don't let em get wet or hot....

RobBurn

It's super easy, you just connect one of the yellow wire inputs from iosd to the cameras signal wire.... i can't remember if the iosd has 12v out to power a camera or not, i use a "buck converter" to power the camera

on the monitor we use 3s lipos for all of it....
20140115063908-6a45d07b-la.jpg

heat in use isn't a problem, but don't just put any lipo out in the sun, i use a cooler, when really hot with ice.... don't let em get wet or hot....

Thanks, are you using the aerial camera for fpv or do you have a fpv camera? If so how dis you connect to the iosd?

rob

kloner

Aerial DP
mine all have a pilot fpv camera seperate from the video camera. on mine i used a buck converter for power and the yellow signal wire is connected to the camera..... see that big bundle of wires, i unclipped all but what i needed, it left one wire on that plug, yellow one

Tahoe Ed

The MK I and MK II both output 12v the mini does not. I have a 2200 3S pack mounted on the back of my RMRC monitor sandwiched in-between my AVL58 vRx and the 2.4gHz Data Link with BT. I just flew 700m on Saturday with on issues. I was using the stock CP antennas.

RobBurn

The MK I and MK II both output 12v the mini does not. I have a 2200 3S pack mounted on the back of my RMRC monitor sandwiched in-between my AVL58 vRx and the 2.4gHz Data Link with BT. I just flew 700m on Saturday with on issues. I was using the stock CP antennas.

Hi Ed, thanks. Im getting close to figuring this out. Heres one for you.

fpv camera
zenmuse 3d gimbal and gopro
naza m v2. W / pmu
Avl58 rx & tx
iosd mark ii

Would i need a can bus? Im not using btu

thanks

Rob

Tahoe Ed

Rob,

Connect the iOSD into the PMU, the Zen into the iOSD. You will not need a hub as the MK II has plenty of ports. The AVL58 is a direct plug and play from the iOSD to the vTx. You will only have to make a cable for the FPV camera.

RobBurn

Rob,

Connect the iOSD into the PMU, the Zen into the iOSD. You will not need a hub as the MK II has plenty of ports. The AVL58 is a direct plug and play from the iOSD to the vTx. You will only have to make a cable for the FPV camera.

I was backing up and deciding to do fpv from the gropro at first. So i know the iosd would plug into pmu and zenmuse into the iosd.

is it possible to plug the zenmuse gcu straight to the 5.8ghz tx do i have to have the iosd mini or mark ii?

Im thinking of one step at a time. Get this running and then add fpv cam if needed.

i did order rmrc 8" display and im going to run it on a 3s.

thanks again

RobBurn

Ordered 3d dji gimbal, osd mark ii, 58ghz tx and rx along with 8" lcd. Ill get this all squared away and then add fpv camera if i feel the need.
thanks all

haha49

Well on my F550 I power everything off the 4s lipo. For the Tarot 2d gimbal and Boscam transmiter I used the balance lead which is 12v as it draws off 3 cells instead of 4. It's .1-.2 off at the end so it's nothing. (per cell)

For the base station I use a 3s lipo because you just plug it in and everything is powered off that.

RobBurn

Yes i ordered a 3s lipo for rx and display, was hoping to mount display to futaba but i think illl use a tripod i have laying around. Ill see how heavy it is. I like the idea of bringing a chair and setup the tripod and sit whilst i fly. I also plan to power everything on the f550 on the 4s 5000mah ive been using. Im looking forward to getting it all together. Lastly i need to drop 4 more bills on a gopro.

enjoy!

Tahoe Ed

Rob, the glider guys at our field bring their chairs when they fly. I have done the same when flying FPV off a monitor or doing waypoints from my GS. There is no reason to stand when the craft is out of visual range.

RobBurn

View attachment 22947

Check the wiring on page 14 of the manual. You will need separate power for the vTx.

View attachment 18996

Looking at hooking up a second camera for fpv, the first is the zenmuse gimbal with a gopro

Looking at the top wire in the picture the plug is for the zenmuse gcu, what im curious about is the red wire, it does not seem to do anything, on the plug end when i used a meter it uses only the black and yellow. Black for ground and yellow for the video nothing on the plug for the red wire.

I guess because the gcu is powered the red is not used? Why is it there?

The Point of all this.

OK i figured it out. The red wire is not used for the zenmuse gcu, it has it's own power. I see other video's connecting the red wire and i guess it's ok to connect as i believe and tested with a meter it does not power the jack. Now i did check the red and brown connection off the 4 plug to see what voltage it passes from the iosd. What is odd the first measurement with meter had 11.7 volts, and 3 other checks, unplugging the flight battery (4S) gave 14, 15 and 15 which is odd. At any rate the last two checks gave the 15.# volts.

I'm going through this as right now as i didn't know how to make the cable out of the iosd 4 plug to go to two cameras. The iosd came with various wires to work with a straight 4 plug to the jack style connector that goes into the gcu. I currently use this fpv with gopro, it also had the jack connector to three bare wires and a 4 plug with the 4 bare wires in order to build a cable as needed (nice).

The av1 is orange and the av2 is yellow. The brown is ground and the red is power. The jack to the gcu has three wires, i tested this and the red wire does not seem to be used and the dji manual pg. 6 shows on the av1 and brown ground wire connected to the "dji gcu", no red unless you need it to different cameras that require it also shown on the manual pg6 as another option. I plan to use the red and yellow and brown wire to a 2nd camera so the camera i'm going to get will have to take the voltage (in my case its a 4S battery) so 16.8V roughly.

Once uploaded (started upload when i edited this post) you can view what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/jOrvfWSrnCg

Rob

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by a moderator:

RobBurn

View attachment 23331

Looking at hooking up a second camera for fpv, the first is the zenmuse gimbal with a gopro

Looking at the top wire in the picture the plug is for the zenmuse gcu, what im curious about is the red wire, it does not seem to do anything, on the plug end when i used a meter it uses only the black and yellow. Black for ground and yellow for the video nothing on the plug for the red wire.

I guess because the gcu is powered the red is not used? Why is it there?

The Point of all this.

OK i figured it out. The red wire is not used for the zenmuse gcu, it has it's own power. I see other video's connecting the red wire and i guess it's ok to connect as i believe and tested with a meter it does not power the jack. Now i did check the red and brown connection off the 4 plug to see what voltage it passes from the iosd. What is odd the first measurement with meter had 11.7 volts, and 3 other checks, unplugging the flight battery (4S) gave 14, 15 and 15 which is odd. At any rate the last two checks gave the 15.# volts.

I'm going through this as right now as i didn't know how to make the cable out of the iosd 4 plug to go to two cameras. The iosd came with various wires to work with a straight 4 plug to the jack style connector that goes into the gcu. I currently use this fpv with gopro, it also had the jack connector to three bare wires and a 4 plug with the 4 bare wires in order to build a cable as needed (nice).

The av1 is orange and the av2 is yellow. The brown is ground and the red is power. The jack to the gcu has three wires, i tested this and the red wire does not seem to be used and the dji manual pg. 6 shows on the av1 and brown ground wire connected to the "dji gcu", no red unless you need it to different cameras that require it also shown on the manual pg6 as another option. I plan to use the red and yellow and brown wire to a 2nd camera so the camera i'm going to get will have to take the voltage (in my case its a 4S battery) so 16.8V roughly.

Rob

Well my volt meter battery was on its way out and it was reading higher values, i was suspect after measuring a BEC for my led's. So the voltage is below 12V on the red and brown out of the 4 plug on the iosd mark II
corrected video showing < 12V

http://youtu.be/KbcJXTNhVi0