Help!- Hexacopter w/ Naza V2 using SBUS to FrSky X8R Rx. Need 1 more servo channel!

Have Naza V2 working beautifully with SBUS to FrSky X8R, but I have 1 servo plug left floating and I have no idea where to put it. The servo is for the HDMI to AV Converter/RC Shutter that will plug into my Sony Nex5N. I think my options are:
1) Plug servo directly into X8R into channel 1 (above the SBUS cable) and program on Taranis as channel "9" and assign 3 position switch (not sure if conventional channels turn into 9-16 when using an SBUS cable because I think SBUS takes all 16 channels)?
2) Plug servo into channel 8 directly on X8R (I don't think I'm using channel 8 thru Naza (1-4=AETR, 5= gimbal pitch, 6= IOC, 7= Control Modes)?
3) Plug servo into Naza somehow either in X1 (gimbal roll which I'm not using), but no idea what channel I can associate with X1 on Tx thru SBUS?

Last, I could add another X8R to get 8 more conventional servos but this seems like a waste since I only need 1 to control the camera shutter!

Thanks for any guidance.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It would all depend on which mode you bound you TX/RX. Check the mode on the taranis page (it's the 2nd model page toward the end) and then reference it to the X8R manual. For using sbus as the fist 8, and the individual outs still available (9-16) you want the X8R to be in D-16 mode.

Then you could choose any of the 1-8 channels, which will actually be 9-16.

Once you have the extra outputs, you can just use 1 for the trigger.

Make sense?

Awesome, thanks. Set in D-16 mode. So, it seems option #1 is the ticket. Just plug servo into channel 1 above SBUS cable and program a 3 position switch (camera/video off, pics on, video on) to channel 9. Simple, thanks! Still waiting on camera to arrive, but I'll post results in a week or so.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Awesome, thanks. Set in D-16 mode. So, it seems option #1 is the ticket. Just plug servo into channel 1 above SBUS cable and program a 3 position switch (camera/video off, pics on, video on) to channel 9. Simple, thanks! Still waiting on camera to arrive, but I'll post results in a week or so.

Sounds like you've got it.

Good luck!

OK, still not working out so well. HDMI to AV converter giving me problems. It has solid red light that blinks rapidly if I remove the servo wire from channel 1 so that seems to be OK. Also, I assigned channel 9 to a 3-way switch (SA) and it shows it is working on the channel monitor- also good. But, camera doesn't start taking pics when SA is in the up position or video in the SA down position. Double checked camera settings (HDMI = Auto, Drive Mode = Remote Ctl.), tried a different switch- same result. Powered TX first with switch in center position, then powered camera, then RX, etc...

Any ideas?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
OK, still not working out so well. HDMI to AV converter giving me problems. It has solid red light that blinks rapidly if I remove the servo wire from channel 1 so that seems to be OK. Also, I assigned channel 9 to a 3-way switch (SA) and it shows it is working on the channel monitor- also good. But, camera doesn't start taking pics when SA is in the up position or video in the SA down position. Double checked camera settings (HDMI = Auto, Drive Mode = Remote Ctl.), tried a different switch- same result. Powered TX first with switch in center position, then powered camera, then RX, etc...

Any ideas?

Sounds like you're probably going to want to post a new thread with the name of the unit you're using - and all the camera details etc. If the switch is working, and the RX is set up right, your talking more of a converter issue.