Naza Set up on Mac

Derek1968

Hi,
I have a TBS Pro which was already set up with Naza V2, now i would like to alter some of the settings but unable to find the Naza assistant that works with my Mac, all i can find is Phantom assistant?
My Naza Lite is straightforward and i can alter settings easily, this does not work for my V2, help please.
Thanks

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
DJI has a FAQ section that specifically states the Naza M V2 is not supported on Mac. Very strange since the Phantom 2 has a Mac version. I could have sworn I read in the manual somewhere that the features to the assistant were the same for V2 and Phantom 2 - but I'm not sure.

I just got got a cheap laptop for just this reason, since I finally hit about 7 software a that are PC only. A little annoying, but at this point it will pay for itself in lack of frustration :)

What about running Windows in Parallels, or another VM program of some sort? You can download VMs from Microsoft pretty regularly nowadays for testing various software, the licenses are usually time bombed, but might be good enough to get you going.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
What about running Windows in Parallels, or another VM program of some sort? You can download VMs from Microsoft pretty regularly nowadays for testing various software, the licenses are usually time bombed, but might be good enough to get you going.

That should definitely work. I had thought about buying Windows and using it with boot camp.

Flash88

I'm new around here...
Hey Derek,

NAZA M software became available the day after you initially posted. Available here - http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download

I've been running the assistant software on my Mac successfully. You'll note that the firmware updates are available within the assistant software.

Hope you haven't gone out and bought *(tainted your home or office with)* a Windows machine already... ;-p

Cheers,

Dave.

wdlong1

stupid question I am sure -- downloaded the assistant for the mac. when I try to open it I get a message that it "quit unexpectedly". I re-installed, same thing. What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my first quad and am anxious to setup the naza and get flying!!! Please help me if you can and I apologize for my total newbie status.

Flash88

I'm new around here...
Not a silly question at all!

First up - What flying machine are you building?

Have you downloaded the correct software assistant? Are you running a NAZA M Lite or NAZA M V2 (or a Phantom..) or Wookong M for your flight controller? The software assistant is different for each.

Reboot your Mac & retry. (got the latest OS etc also?)

Have you followed the setup instructions for the NAZA i.e plugged everything together (motors, ESC's etc), bound radio, assigned channels, set failsafe?

Next, are you booting the software assistant with the MultiRotor plugged in and on? Try booting with and without it plugged in. Keep in mind that when you boot without being plugged in, you may have to hit the skip button to access the software. I most often boot with it unplugged and it works well for me, keeping in mind my F550 is all set up. The NAZA manual suggests you boot with the radio gear on, machine plugged in and switched on prior to booting the software).

Once you're in, check for updates and install.

Let us know how you get on. Keep in mind that LARGE components of getting all of this gear set up properly are time & patience. Just be sure not to rush through it :)

Enjoy - Dave.

wdlong1

thanks for the reply,
I am building the tbs discovery. I have the starter package.
I have the Naza M V2 controller.
I have plugged everything together per instructions. I have not messed with the radio yet, I think it came bound to the receiver but not sure. (frankly of the entire build the radio is the most daunting part) I did not realize that I needed to assign channels - I thought I was supposed to do this while setting up the naza... Also I thought the failsafe was a function of the Naza as well.

I did reboot the mac after your suggestion and still same thing. I have not tried booting the software with it all plugged up and powered on -- I will try that when I get home. I will say though that I think this may just be a mac problem -- I have parellels as well so if it continues to fail I can always try the PC version.
Any help is much appreciated -- I will keep you posted.